To you Steelhead Authors

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by DanielOcean, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. golfman44

golfman44 5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  2. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy sans caféine

When did swinging for steelhead have rankings? Is there a Steel Master Tournament circuit? Is it televised? What channel? Is that why some people cover their cars in stickers? Are they sponsored?

JS, Andy D and golfman44 like this.
  3. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

I was asked about my skill. I answered don't read too much into it. They are skills that mean nothing.

4. golfman44

No you weren't. I asked about your putting.

5. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

Ok then my putting sucks because i don't golf.. because this is about fishing i assumed you were drawing an analogy.

6. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

The guy with half the skill but twice as much recent time on the river will catch twice as many as a guy with double the skill and half the time on the water..

7. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

This thread was getting interesting and then the wind shifted and now I'm starting to detect a little sewage in the air. I'm gonna plug my nose and hope it passes..... It's been months since I was entertained in the steelhead forum, let's get back on track.....

Now I believe we are at an interesting fork in the road here dudes. On one hand we have anglers who may be considered fishy, and on another we have anglers who seem plagued by poor luck. This is where I start to delve a little off script and wonder what separates these two individuals beyond skill? Is there something a little deeper that certain people can just tap into? Do you believe in karma, the "fish gods", or does it boil down to luck and/or skill?? I'm not speaking of Daniel or anyone specifically, just talking out loud. Everyone knows a fish magnet...

JS and golfman44 like this.
  8. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Huge Member

Luck isn't sustainable over time, mannnnnnnn.

golfman44 likes this.
  9. dustinchromers

dustinchromers Active Member

Fake news! Everyone knows you gotta release a video and have stickers. Take me for instance. Like Rob I'm in the top one percent of the top one percent as far as overt deadliness as an angler. I'm in the bottom one percent of the top one percent on grace and fashion. My sticker count is low but over all I have achieved the level of master. My new video Satsop Master details this journey and all the casts I've invented. Of course I call it Satsop casting. Like many skaters and snowboarders I've taken two basic casts or "moves". The single and double Spey cast to be exact. Then I make subtle variations on them. Even simple things like lip position earn the cast a new name and me another invented cast to my credit. Having a minstrel helps with the epic factor too. If you haven't had a guy playing your theme music you've never really fished. I have sense moved on to designing my own lines. I cut like a foot out then weld a new loop, bam! The Satsop line was born. I'm pretty heavy. Just wait till I start guest star guiding at all the hot spots. Then and only then after growing strong on the aroma of Scott Howells preserved farts will I rise to be the best. The sultan of the Satsop will be born.

Matt B, Salmo_g, Creatch'r and 3 others like this.
  10. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Huge Member

That said I do believe in karma, or as my pops put it "What goes around comes around".

With proper perspective it becomes obvious that just getting to go fishing, and enjoying it properly, is having good karma though.

John Parker and dustinchromers like this.
  11. JACKspASS

JACKspASS Active Member

giphy-4.gif

DanielOcean and golfman44 like this.
  12. dustinchromers

Weak! You'll never get famous or have many stickers with that attitude. You gotta be slaying the steel constantly. Social media had to be ten prong and active. You need to market yourself more man. I'm starting to question if you really want it bad enough. What will the boys at The Steel Syndicate say? Or the Steel Mafia!? You gotta be handy with the stick and sling the string of you wanna swing the bling.

Yard Sale likes this.
  13. dustinchromers

Rob is right though in the fact the guys getting it done and doing it well are quiet and unknown.

JS and JACKspASS like this.
  14. golfman44

Stickers are so 2016 bro. Each time I get a grab I drive to the nearest tattoo parlor and get GPS coords w/ sink tip weight stamped on my lower back.

Yard Sale and dustinchromers like this.
  15. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

Sink tips are cheating

dustinchromers likes this.