Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

tool

NFR 
1K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  Gone’r 
#1 ·
This should take our minds off 1ply....hats....warranties and guns.

Tool, one of the best bands in the past 20+ yrs.

#4 ·
In college a buddy of mine and I decided to make the drive from Bellingham over to fish Lenore one April weekend. One of the guys in my residence hall lived in Wenatchee and I asked him if he would like to tag along so he could visit his folks. He agreed (it also turned out that his folks owned a house on Blue Lake so no worries about camping, just a lucky event and a whole other story) and after a quick visit he asked if we could stop by his friends house to say hi. I agreed and while walking in the house I see these records up on the wall of the house. I thought maybe the parents of his friend like to collect memorobelia and when I asked he told me that "no, those are Tools Gold Records". In honesty I had heard of the band but I did not listen to their music so I really didn't know how to respond other than asking why they were in this modest home in Wenatchee. He explained that this was the family home of one of the members. He grew up with the guy but was better friends with the sister.

Fishing was slow that year at Lenore.

#17 ·
It's simple really, Garth brooks equals zero substance all fluff. Haggard, pretty solid. If I have to go there as country isn't my fave. Synthesizers and production equipment along with retarded onstage antics are the bobbers of music. Oh, and Rob is right on many fronts he just doesn't deliver the medicine with sugar so the gen x or yers or whatever can swallow it without seeing a therapist and doing ten daily affirmations.

#21 · (Edited)
Tolerable swimmy. Unlike string cheese or their army of wannabes that need to be punched in the face so they can think straight. I loathe fake hippies too. I like real hippies. Ms. Chromers spread is off the grid completely, hydro and solar. She showers too. Half those kids at the cheese show lived in an apartment funded by mommy and stink like shit.

#35 ·
Sublime, soundgarden, old metalica, megadeath, pantera, rage against the machine.
Then after my angry teens days The Old 97's. Halestorm rocks me nowadays. I like Tool brings back some good fuzzy memories. They make my top 15. Though I cant remember song names or album names for shit. Too many fuzzy nights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.