NFR 'toon Time

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Codioos, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

Thanks for the offer Stewart, floating with someone else would be pretty cool. I'm more of a visual learner. Too bad we just got all that rain last week, I was going to try to sneak up the NF of the CDA but looking at the flows now its way too fast.

Thanks Jesse that would be great. I have been meaning to stop by for a while now. I honestly never knew about your flyshop until I joined this site. Funny thing is that I live just north of your shop on Indiana. I was also thinking of checking out some switch rods for steelhead too. And speaking of, do you offer spey casting lessons?

Very good to know, kinda sucks though. Looked like a fun float, but maybe I can borrow a canoe

2. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Kayaks are on there often as well. Bottom line is feet have to be enclosed.

3. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Cod
    We do have spey lessons on the water downtown, stop by and see us.
    jesse

4. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

Will do, thanks Jesse.

5. isaacfab

isaacfab Member

Have you thought about the Scadden boats? I have been looking for about a year now and after trying a bunch IMO they are much better and more versatile than traditional pontoon boats.

6. Codioos

Codioos Active Member

A few years ago when I was attending a outdoor sports show I heard of them and was given a DVD on thier products. I have been drooling over one of those since but just cant afford one! They are an awesome personal watercraft though.

7. FlyGers

FlyGers New Member

I have TU Madison with and it has the 8' pontoons. I am 6'3 220lbs and it works great for me. I have put it on my back inflated and packed in to some alpine lakes through windfalls and blackberrys without any problems, it is a really sturdy boat. Its not too heavy but it can be a bit cumbersome at times. I have been looking at the Alpacka Rafts and they seem to be a pretty sweet set-up if you are going to be in the wind or on faster moving water. I also really like the idea of only having to pack about 5lbs.

Hope you find a good one.