A couple weeks ago I had "one of those days", in a good way. I lost most of my fish after the fifth or sixth aerial. The ones I did manage to get to hand took every bit of finesse I could manage. They weren't particularly "big" fish, most only measured in the mid to upper teens but two did go well over twenty, and FAT. It was a blast! Until.....my flies began to come apart. That's what happens when a dozen or so fish annihilate each fly. So it got me thinking outside the box. The night before I went out a few days ago I decided to "polish" my flies. I took head cement and nail polish and "coated" the top of my wet flies. My flies lasted way past their termination date this time. Just thought I'd pass it along. I don't know, maybe everyone here already does this and I'm just behind the times....story of my life it seems sometimes.