Tribes want free Discover Passes

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Go Fish, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

IMO, tribes should pay the same amount as the rest of us.

Chris

2. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Sorry Matthew, That chart is definatly not counting interest debt spend (Shit we bought on credit last x years) and is probably only counting consumer tax, but I'd have to do some math to verify that. Looking at a glance tho, that looks like what they did. That is the problem and the same spin that our gov has been using to lie right to our faces. Also state GDP trends the same as state Tax Revenu. The data supports this but, I didn't have a graph on hand show it. I sometimes forget that Econ 101 is no longer taught in our public schools. Wonder why?

The tribes shouldn't have to pay, none of us should, we already paid for it.

3. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

iagreeiagreeiagree

4. tkww

tkww Member

deleted

5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I've learned from watching my dully elected officials & most lawyers,liberals & police officers it ain't illegal unless you get caught even then a good lawyer can muddle the facts and make you the victim and get you off.

6. ribka

ribka Active Member

I'd be more than happy to pay for one user pass to use statewide when hunting, hiking, camping, fishing etc, if they (WDFW) uniformly enforced the pass among all user groups including tribal members and if the funds generatated by the sales of the passes went to resources enforcement/mangement and not in the general state fund.

Most law abiding recreational users, fishermen and hunters are growing weary of tribal groups not being held to the same standards. Sick of tribal placing nets accross spawning access for native steelhead, salmon and shooting deer, sheep and elk at or near the WInter feeding stations when they are most vulnerable.

7. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

The tribes should not get a free pass here. I look at it as a use fee, and ALL should pay it, with possible exceptions for the physically disabled.

8. nb_ken

nb_ken Active Member

I know, let's all go down to the Cedar for a big fish fry. I loves me them freshly-caught trout. How about the first weekend in September? Anyone in?

9. nb_ken

nb_ken Active Member

Me too. I'd also be more than happy to pay for a Tom Morgan Special at the price of a Lefty Kreh Signature. It's time these politicians started paying attention to the needs of the average voter. What ever happened to common sense?

10. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Ah heck, I thought the tribes were their own "Nation". If so, maybe they should pay for a "non-resident" fishing license fees
    when not fishing on the reservation! Just joking. And, regarding all fishing fees, I think you should be considered a "senior citizen at age 65, not 70. I think that's a screwjob by the state. 70! Hell, a lot of folks that age can hardly walk! It's a joke. My local pancake house considers you a senior with senior rates at age 55! Now there ya go!

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

DFL, I agree it should be 65. I agree with others that it should be fee to use, regardless of your status. I also think that the whole WDFW, BLM, NPS should get together to get one pass and stop dorking around with us all. As for your local pancake house, they get your business multiple times a year, the state gets it once. They have to STICK it to you when they can.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

In Montana when you reach 62 you are a Senior Citizen. And you don't really buy a license. It's a Conservation License. It's good for a number of things. Since I only fish I don't care.

13. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

All the issues brought up about the Discover
    Tax are valid.

It is an ill conceived and poorly
    executed piece of chit.

It was passed in a
    rush and shows that,
    with holes as big as
    the pancakes at the
    Waffle House.

People will pay if it makes
    dollars and sense. At this
    point it doesn't and I won't.

As for the tribes they will
    fight tooth and nail to get it
    for free.

They take their X%
    and give back less than that.

Dave

14. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

amen brother amen. couldnt have said it better. Right now im in a situation where money is tight and I am now pretty much denied access to one of my favorite places to spend the summer. It sucks.

15. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

When I first moved here, the guy who drove me around to show me the ropes in my new job immediately moved into the left lane on I-5 and drove 60mph. After a couple of days watching folks pass on the right and flip me off, I finally asked him why he was ignoring the Slower Traffic Keep Right signs?

He replied that when he took drivers' ed in high school, they were taught that when you got on a freeway to go more than a mile or two you drove in the left lane because the right lane was for local traffic only. After 25 years in Washington and seeing some of the other bonehead things done here, it's hardly surprising anymore.

K