Trip to South of Chile, no fish, but nice

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by mrgando, Mar 7, 2009.

1. mrgando

mrgando Member

Went to 10th Region of Chile "Lakes Region" , Didin't caught any fish, but didin't wake up early and I went by bus, so I didin't have a car to get to the fishing spots fast. Had to move my self by local buses.

Trout/Salmon Food :) , a Pancora, like a crab.
    [​IMG]

Llanquihue Lake
    [​IMG]

More Llanquihue Lake
    [​IMG]

White River, into lake Llanquihue,at this point in the season it does not carry that much water, but you can still catch Coho Salmon casting into the lake from the "Boca" or river Mouth.
    [​IMG]

White River, upstream, it was quite windy so I couldn't cast very well on the Boca.
    [​IMG]

White River.
    [​IMG]

White River.
    [​IMG]

Some Nymphing.
    [​IMG]

Let's Go Dry Fly.
    [​IMG]

It was an amazing weekend, I loved to be there. The fishing wasn't good, but well I was 100% DIY and couldn't go to the best places. ( needed a car ). Still it was amazing, got some hits to my dry flies, but couldn't net any rainbow.

BTW , at the white river boca the salmon where starting to arrive, some fisherman there lost a 3 kg ( aprox ) just in front of me. So maybe if I'd have more time, I could have got some nice Coho.

45 pound chinook salmon where just 20 km from my location, but I didin't have the gear to go for them.

Well hope you like the pictures :) , and fishing in Chile has better places, I hope to be there at some time to post you some quality picts.

2. Pez Gallo

Pez Gallo On the hunt for grandes

Home Page:
    Thanks for the report. The fishing may have been off but the scenery was amazing. Very interesting landscape. Looks like a great place to catch a fish.

3. Ned Wright

Ned Wright New Member

Jane and I met on Chiloe. Spent time in some hostels near Osorno/Puerto Monte then back toward Santiago....

Good times.....

Great Pics

4. mrgando

mrgando Member

Hey, thanks for the comments! , and yes it's a great place to catch a fish :)

@Ned : Great, that's actually near Llanquihue ( puerto mont is like 40 minutes by car ). Who's Jane btw ? girlfriend ?

5. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    Looks like a beautiful place. One of these years... Chile...

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I'm with Jim on this one. Chile, looks great. Maybe some year. My father in law must not like me much. He fishes Chile from time to time but not with me. Great scenery, we'll look forward to ongoing reports.

7. mrgando

mrgando Member

if you come here, be sure to go to Coyhaique or Tierra del fuego, if you need some information , i'll be glad to help! :)