Trying out some custom bamboo rods, interested?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Jan 5, 2012.

1. CaneCaster

CaneCaster Member

Hey all. I was just looking into licenses online... it appears that I have left it too late to purchase online (steelhead/salmon) so can anyone tell me where I can stop into an buy a license from that might be kinda on my way?
    Thanx.
    James

2. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

James,

I think all Fred Meyer stores sell fishing licenses. There must be one in B'ham near the freeway.

Sg

3. CaneCaster

CaneCaster Member

Thanx SG.
    Just checked it out and there are 2-3 just off I-5 in Bellingham so that should work out.
    Cheers for that.
    James

4. JS

JS Active Member

I have begun to realize that, haha. I was just full of zeal after staring at a step by step 11'6" 6wt build on clarks, and then seeing this post here! I think I am going to build a couple of single handers and go from there.

5. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'm interested! Would love to try some cane out.. might give me an exuse to wrap the cane blank I have and see what it is! Either weeikend works for me...

6. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

James as you drive up to Rockport you'll pass through Concrete...The Apple or whatever they call the grocery store you'll pass on your right sells licenses...

7. CaneCaster

CaneCaster Member

J.S. was that Shamburg's write up?

Xgolf. Thanx, that's even better, one stop.... beer, food, license..

8. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

gents, both adirondacks are available that weekend. Who is interested in camping?

9. sctarrant

sctarrant New Member

I'm interested Eric. I thought about checking on a cabin as I don't have all of my camping gear at hand due to "winter" but if they are reasonably protected it's better than tent camping.

Thanks,
    Scott

10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Eric,

I was going to call and reserve a cabin or Adirondack today, but got too tied up with work. Tomorrow morning I'll try and get one.

Sg

11. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I'll likely show up for awhile but I ain't spending the night in a three walled cabin. Freakin' cold up there this time of year.

12. CaneCaster

CaneCaster Member

KerryS.

Wow, I thought by looking at your avatar pic that you would hardly ever get cold winter fishin ;)

13. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Got the second Adirondack reserved for Friday and Sat. nights. The front one is reserved every weekend by Blue Sky rafting for the eagle watching raft customers. There is one cabin left available that would sleep three. I figure there is more room at the table in the adirondack for doing the potluck dinner.

Sg

14. sctarrant

sctarrant New Member

I just reserved the last cabin for friday and saturday night. I'm waiting to hear confirm if my buddy will be coming up with me. I looks like it sleeps 3 cozy like.....

No cooking in the cabin but it sounds like outdoor cooking is available. Any idea on a head count? I'm more than willing to help out with food if we want to do more of a group thing or is everyone fending for themselves?

Scott

15. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Scott,

There isn't any restaurant service in Rockport these days that I know of. We either fix meals in the campground, or have to drive to Marblemount or Concrete, and Concrete really doesn't have much to offer. There is the little brew pub in Birdsview. I might hit that on the drive up to Rockport Friday evening. I heard it's so-so pub food but with good micro brew. I'm thinking of making a stew or chilli for Sat. night.

Sg