Trying out some custom bamboo rods, interested?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Jan 5, 2012.

  1. Salmo_g

    Salmo_g Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2004
    Messages:
    8,644
    Likes Received:
    2,996
    Location:
    Your City ,State
    Do we want a contingency plan for the following weekend - Jan. 28-29 - if this weekend is a snow-out/wash-out?
     
  2. golfman65

    golfman65 Guest

    holy shit eric...I was there on sat. and there was nothing at rockport...some snow falling but not like up in other spots...fished lower down till 3 and left and it was sunny on the way down...guess sat. was the better day...even broke the spring on my pre war on a hot fish..
     
  3. KerryS

    KerryS Ignored Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2001
    Messages:
    7,367
    Likes Received:
    2,681
    Location:
    Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    I picked up another 3 or 4 inches this morning in the hills north of Sedro. I would again guess Rockport received as much and likely more. Temps are now a blamy 22 degrees. Rising from 17 earlier this morning. Slight north wind blowing. If the north wind picks up it will get down right cold around here quick.
     
  4. Nooksack Mac

    Nooksack Mac Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2002
    Messages:
    2,094
    Likes Received:
    188
    Location:
    Bellingham, WA, USA.
    According to the Weather Channel website, nearby Concrete got an inch of snow each today and yesterday - a lot less than Bellingham. Thursday and Friday are forecast around 40 degrees and rainy. That may reduce what snow is on the ground.

    Personally, I'd favor postponing it for a week. Jan. 29 and 30 are the lull before the Super Bowl on Feb. 5. But I don't know if there's a weather forecast for Concrete that far out.
     
  5. golfman65

    golfman65 Guest

    I agree with you Wayne...

    Think Kerry can make the call and hopefully we can get the cabins/huts the following week...
     
  6. Chris DeLeone

    Chris DeLeone Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2004
    Messages:
    534
    Likes Received:
    136
    Location:
    Monroe, WA
    I called Grace Haven Cabins last night and they have just over a foot of snow, they are just above Rockport.
     
  7. sctarrant

    sctarrant New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    I'm afraid I already have a commitment for the following weekend and won't be able to make it. As it stands I've already got a 5 hr trip in good weather. So I'm hesitant to make the treck this weekend only to find a foot or more of snow. I've already got 1 night paid for the cabin and will have to give Rusty a call to cancel. Let me know if something else changes.

    Thanks,
    Scott
     
  8. FlyinFish

    FlyinFish Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2011
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    77
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    I'd be down with next weekend, and wouldn't mind covering the cost of any cancellation fees or whatever in my share of the adirondack. But I'm just a tag along, so whatever you guys decide...
     
  9. CaneCaster

    CaneCaster Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2012
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    North Vancouver, BC
    Guys.

    I am out for the following weekend as I am commited to other things.

    How as the "big snow event" for you guys down there today? it was nothing really up here....1" tops.

    Looking at current weather and forecasts I would be willing to bet that by midday friday.... there will be no snow left and back to rain as per usual....


    Weather forecasts.
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/uswa1012
    http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/

    Please let me know by tomorrow night (thursday) if you are still interested in meeting up as planned. I will need to pack up gear thursday night so I can be at the passport office by 7:30 am friday in downtown Vancouver.
     
  10. Salmo_g

    Salmo_g Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2004
    Messages:
    8,644
    Likes Received:
    2,996
    Location:
    Your City ,State
    OK, it looks like it's either this weekend or no go for James and Scott. Since Scott is driving the farthest as far as I know, I'll drive up if it's doable. Roads around Oly were marginally functional today and aren't expected to improve tomorrow. However just as soon as the warm rain hits, all the roads should be OK. But the river will go out - at some point.

    I won't cancel the Adirondack for Friday since I won't be out much and would've needed to cancel today to get both nights refunded. I'll cancel it for Saturday only if we call it off. Nothing like last minute planning. Which is kinda' how I roll anyway.

    Sg
     
  11. Eric Tarcha

    Eric Tarcha gear whore

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2006
    Messages:
    1,047
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    I am basically in for Saturday only now, and that is tenuous. I will know for sure tomorrow one way or another, but I may have to work this weekend, so don't count on me for lodging. I can pitch in some $$ though to cover whatever is needed.
     
  12. Courtesy Flush

    Courtesy Flush aka Sean

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    West Seattle
    Yeah, classic dumb and dumber.... but worth the excitement. Next time, we'll switch into four wheel drive a little sooner.
     
  13. Eric Tarcha

    Eric Tarcha gear whore

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2006
    Messages:
    1,047
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    yep. we were very smrt with that. not sure it was worth the excitement, i would rather have been excited with a flash of steel, not the brown streaks in my shorts.
     
  14. sctarrant

    sctarrant New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    Did I mention that I was bummed at the possibility of missing this event?? I also want to be responsible and safe. Just let me know what you guys decide so I can make arrangements by Friday morning.

    Thanks,
    Scott
     
  15. CaneCaster

    CaneCaster Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2012
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    North Vancouver, BC
    Salmo. Right on. Things should be good weather wise and as far as the river level goes.... hey if it's high, I'll gladly fish the margins and pockets :)
    Scott, you should still plan to come, we may not get another chance anytime soon. Do you want me to give you a call/text with conditions on Friday afternoon? If you still have reserves on the cabin let me know.
    Eric still hoping you can make it sat/sunday.

    Golfman, Nooksack, Chris, FlyinFish, etc. Hope to meet you guy sometime this weekend.
    Cheers.
    James