Two Handed Gathering on the Beach

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ed Call, Nov 28, 2009.

1. rockfish

rockfish Member

I'll be trimming out some windows right down the street so I'm sure i can sneak away for a couple hrs. Dont have a switch rod, actually never seen one but will bring my 6wt. Sounds like a good time.

2. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

So if you were coming from up north would you take a ferry over and if so which one?

Would like to make this but not sure if I can make it down in time....

also want to get the skunk off my back from my last couple trips to the T

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

If I were coming from Blaine I'd take the ferry from Edmonds to Kingston. Exit the ferry on 104/307 and when 104 turns toward Port Gamble/Hood Canal Bridge stay straight on 307. Take 307 to 305, turn right. Take 305 to 3 South. Map should show you the rest. If you need more detail, let me know. I think that ferry lets you skip the Seattle downtown traffic and gets you off of I-5 the fastest.

4. ten80

ten80 Active Member

I may be able to attend and would be happy to carpool from the Edmonds ferry terminal.

FYI, There's very little wait for Friday Edmonds-Kingston ferries between 10am and 3pm now that tourist traffic has died down. Arriving 10-15 minutes before the boat leaves (often leaves late) is usually sufficient.

5. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Well i'm a sight for sore eyes...

Come home from work to find out from my wife about the reminder message for my 9:00 eye appointment Friday morning that I forgot about. bawling:

Since i'm going to be lounging out at the homestead until my dilated eyes normalize, I want to hear some good reports Friday afternoon from you all..

Richard

6. Ed Call

Dude, the eyedoctor called. He's attending a two handed gathering on a beach and will have to reschedule for three weeks from this Friday. You can call and confirm or just call and reschedule. You don't want him monkeying with your eyes while he is covered in salt water and flinging flies around do you?

7. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

School's in. Steve's out, unfortunately. Don't forget the swap that night at the Tides.

8. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Hey teacher. :ray1:

How's the leg doing after that nasty spill you had a few months ago?

Hope you were able to get out before school started.

Richard

9. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Alright. I used the pass sent from W.F.F. on my birthday. Looking forward to getting out.
    Jeff

10. Porter

Porter Active Member

Lucky Bastard :)

11. Ed Call

Today my POS Pathfinder got towed to the shop from the side of the highway on my commute in to my cubicle. Tentative for me to still be in attendance on Friday based on shuffled priorities, sorry. I might be able to benefit from a ride if anyone has some spare time/room for me and the gear I was planning on bringing along to use and for others to use. I hope that I can take care of all this before Friday and still attend myself. If not you can post photos and rub it in my face!

12. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Mumbles you have to be there I want to meet you. The man who has everythiing and can do everything, and just started fishing recently from what I under stand. Actually I'd be glad to pick you up but I think you're maybe too far on the wrong side of Bremerton from me. It's hard 'to tell from here where this clear cut is hiding that you live in. Bob

13. Kim Hampton

Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Hey Ed,
    I think you know where I live....if you still remember. I'm coming over via the Narrows. Are you on the way for me or are you on the North side of Bremerton?
    Kim

14. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Ed, I suppose that if one of us can't get you and you can't make it on your own, from your reputation, we'll need half as many donuts. You know I had to do that. right

15. Ed Call

Guys, plan on going! I plan on going if my truck is out of the shop. Maybe only a blown radiator and thermostat. I'll gladly take a ride, thank you for the offers, but only if my truck is still MIA and you are coming via the Edmonds to Kingston ferry. I live about 12 minutes NNW of the Kingston ferry terminal. Leland, Bob and Kim, thank you all but picking me up would be almost an hour out of your way to pick me up and another hour to get to the beach. I'm hoping for a resolved problem by this time tomorrow evening!