Two Handed Gathering on the Beach

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ed Call, Nov 28, 2009.

1. fodf

fodf Team Umiak

Ed, I'd be honored to accompany you to the clave if you'll let me bunk on the floor Thursday nite. I figure if the pass gods let me pass over Thursday after work, I'll catch the ferry and be there whenever. Clave during the day..head back over the pass that afternoon for the Red's function in the canyon on Saturday. Sounds like a hell of a weekend..screw laundry and dishes.
    Eric

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Eric, awesome idea. It might work, might be too short notice for the misses though. PM coming your way. Ed

3. floatinghat

floatinghat Member

Just so people don't thing your lost. The trip from Bainbridge is closer to 45-55 minutes, Kingston is a little shorter.

4. Ed Call

Good point Floatinghat, the Bainbridge to Bremerton drive is a bit longer, my apologies.

Everyone still good to go? I am headed to the shop to reclaim my trustee steed Pathfinder. Mechanic reports she is ready to roll. I'm excited to get out on the water with old and new friends.

5. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

I'll be there.

6. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member

and me.........

7. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

I'll be there.

Leland.

8. Kim Hampton

Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

I'll be there.
    Careful with icy roads tomorrow...brrr.
    Kim

9. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

Wish I could be there! Don't get the flu...

For those on HWY 16 from the Narrows Bridge, watch for state patrol between Gig Harbor and Port Orchard. They've had both motos and cruisers out pretty heavily recently.

10. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    I'll be there and probably cold like you. Thanks Mike for the warning, everybody drive safe. Leland you had better be there everyone wants to try those rods. How was fishing today? Was it steelhead you were after? Bob

11. Ed Call

Excellent, there will be a group braving the early season chilly temps (chilly for here anyway). Eric, sorry your feeling a bit too sore to make it. Next time for sure. Take care. Great heads up about safe speed patrols and even more importantly, the potential heavy frost or ice. No precipitation to really make it slick, but don't let that fool you. See you all in the AM. I'll bring an extra rod and line or two to share and also an extra stripping basket or two also, just in case anyone may need one.

12. rockfish

rockfish Member

I'll be there gonna be cold YA

13. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Hey guys that was great I was so glad to meet you all and look forward to seeing you again. I stopped at Gig Harbor and they said DOC'S is open. I'll see you on line or holler if you need someone to fish with. take care Bob i just got to get those lines matched to my rods.

14. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Thanks Bob. It was good to see you. Sorry I missed you at the shop yesterday. Try to get up here to cast with Aaron or Mike. They'll help you get your line set up.

Leland.

15. Ed Call

Awesome time today. Yes, it was a bit cold on the thermometer. We started and it was about 36 and it warmed up to 40 but I don't think I heard anyone complain about the weather. The spot was great for working on the water, next to the ballfield or in the ballfield using that high fence as a simulated high bank to your back. (I hope I have not forgotten anyone...) To those that came that I alread knew, Leland, Kim Hampton, Mr. Bad Example, DryFlyLarry, Mike LaComb, Jeff Bandy, Rockfish and Banzai, it was great to see each of you again. I've not seen many of you for quite some time. Bob, it was great to put a face to a screen name. Let us know when you are headed out so no one has to fish alone. I hope that everyone had a good time and I'll look forward to another similar gathering at any time. There was some ribbing, some stogies, some donuts, lots of rod and line combos to waggle and launch. The location worked well with the beach access, lots of shoreline, grassy space beside the ball fields and the ballfields too. We should do it again sometime, maybe early after the New Year. I hope everyone had a safe trip to the outing and home. I hope the rest of each of your days was great too. We had some two handed overhead casting madness today. We got to two handed overhead rods that Leland, Bob, Banzai and I brought and it seemed that after a few attempts many guys were able to put out plenty of line that way. Isn't that right Mr. Bad Example and Dry Fly Larry. Yup, I saw you guys rocking Leland and my switch rods.

Good times fellas. Until the next time, keep at it! Thanks for coming to do some Kitsap County Urban Fishing!