Unhappy Russians on the Stilly

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by griz72, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Be more tolerant to poachers??? Rules for this State shouldn't be followed just because your born in a different country?????:rolleyes:

Maybe those 4 snagged silvers may equate to 100 future silvers.:beathead:

2. andrew

andrew Active Member

It is good to hear once and a great while that citations are being given! Regardless of ethnicity, white collar or blue, gear or fly, there is no excuse...ok maybe a few.

3. Jay Burman

Jay Burman Fly Fisher, Bon Vivant, Layabout.

Last I heard Russian wasn't a race.:confused:

4. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

No shit. iagree Duffer

PS I've noticed that people who pull out the racism card usually don't even really know what the hell it really means. It's a wholier than thou attempt to declare some sort of phony moral superiority and this just reafirms what I've seen the last 10 times or so I've seen it directed at someone. We all have prejudices, if small and eccentric or in your face and out in the open. Team that up with inherent issues of zenophobia (which some say is part of the human condition), and you have one of the great challenges in life. All good people constantly work on and repel intrusive thoughts of prejudice and zenophobia, some less than others but I think we all find them sneaking into our heads at times. The issues aren't the hurdles we have to cross it's how hard we work at getting over the damn things without having to be judged by people who really don't know what the hell they're talking about. Gary, it's refreshing to hear a man's real voice, not the PC phony bullshit kind of voice we are all subjected to all over the place nowadays. Nice work Griz! Tight lines Coach

5. Manannan Mac Lir

Manannan Mac Lir Professional enabler

Glad the snaggers were snagged. NFR or SFR or something entirely unrelated to holiness or xenophobia. Someone's been drinking... Oh yeah, that was me! :beer1:ptyd:D
    Cheers!

Karl

6. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Hopefully, the Russians weren't driving BMW's.

7. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

What are ya gonna do when the Muslins move in from Detroit? (No comment)
    O.K. I'll comment, I'm going fishing, with fly rod in hand.
    Thanks Duff

8. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Yeah like Duff's problem is how he wants to break punk ass fly fishermen with strike indicators in half. :rofl:

???

9. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

coach hit it square per usual, with the added bonus of a new! improved! phonetic spelling of the term "xenophobia"...:thumb: love the Coach. You de man

any excuse to be a hater will do, any minor difference can trigger the us/them aspect of the human personality. Look at the black-on-black atrocities in Africa between neighboring tribes or the way our PNW tribes treat each other, every tribe badmouthing the rest. That is pure DUMMITY (new word, add to dictionary) but that's humanity for you, including us. I've been known to refer to gear fishermen as "chuckers" and complain about them...I'm guilty as everyone else is in their own way.

There's good reasons to dislike snaggers and cheer for enforcement. It's a real crime, real dumb, and hurts other people and the environment, particularly the future of the environment. Whatever accent or ethnicity the snagger has, they should ALL be led from the river in handcuffs and we should burn their gear on the riverbank and dance around it. (then clean up after ourselves).
    Most would agree, and know from experience, that the worst offenders of all in disregarding regs are the local people who live nearby, particularly those who own riverbank property. That's been my experience anyway. That's why we need to be out there with cellphones and cameras;
    my .023
    Bob

10. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

So true. I get a bad taste in my mouth talking to the locals on the Nooksack during winter steelhead season where I usually hear comments like this, "I caught a 22 pound, 3 and a 1/4 ounce native last week! It was a fighter!".

11. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Yes, Muslin is very dangerous, especially due to its high flammability (being made of cotton and all). I didn't realize it was enjoying a revival in modern-day Detroit. I thought its popularity died out in the early to mid 1800's.

[​IMG]

12. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

they fight especially hard when there's a spin-n-glow stuck in their ass...(sigh).

13. griz72

griz72 New Member

I wasn't singling out Russians in particular. It could just as well been "unhappy American/Englishman/Frenchman/Martian". I've seen good and bad in every race/nationality/ethnic group. I was just glad to see the S.O.Bs. sitting in their van, looking mighty unhappy.:thumb:

14. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

I can state with relative authority there is NO revival of any kind going on in modern-day Detroit, especially my beloved Tigers.:beathead:

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man (NFR)

I forgot what I was going to say. bawling:bawling:bawling:bawling:bawling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.