Unhappy Russians on the Stilly

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by griz72, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Wood

Jason Wood Guest

Hey mykiss, the biggest poachers I know are middle-class, suburban-living, blue-collar caucasian folks. I bitch about them the most, because I disagree with their value systems. It's my right to bitch, and there's no excuse for any of the cultural bullshit. But this thread isn't about ol' Bill Smith, now, is it?

But I'm an equal opportunity asshole, you see, which is more PC than some jackass on the internet who has it out for me because I'm not afraid to excersize my freedom of speech, or swings his socially concious, enlightened dick in the room, accusing me of being a blowhard. Guys like you are more vicious and vindictive and hateful than dumb hicks like me ever will be. You're just as much a blowhard as me, mykiss, and maybe we need a subforum for the sensitivity police so you guys can point out all of the social crimes of "conservative white America", and look all kinds of righteous and sophisticated while standing on your pedestals of political correctness. Good for you, buddy, why don't you watch another Michael Moore documentary? Have a nice evening, by the way, I'm off to tie some flies for Friday!

2. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Any guess what the original post was about??!! I just hope they didn't get out of a ticket because they played the DS Card....Dumb and Stupid. And the fines should double if they try that because one could surmise they are fishing illegally ALL of the time. Just call them Eastern Europeans, unless of course that is too PC or Racist!

3. loose ferrule

loose ferrule New Member

In all my years of perusing fly fishing bulletin boards, the outcome to these types of threads is always the same. Malcontent bitterness, voices of reason, jokers, numerous responses, etc. Not sure what it is about race that makes people so damn vocal and behave like children. There must be some psychological trigger that sets people off. Some behavior that in the past kept those that were passionate about race alive and further nutured their mating opportunities. I think someone posted some reference to dangling genitals in a previous post.... Whatever it is, it always seems to cause the same Pavlovian response. Oh the irony, if the Russian fisherman's last name was Pavlov ... and he was using a reel made in China!!!

4. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Don't label me ZEENOFOBIK :) or anything, but ...I remember combat fishing at the Hoodsport hatchery one evening (when it was legal) and a bunch of Russians got busted by enforcement for filling their trunk with snagged fish... first thing they pretended not to be able to speak English, second they claimed not to know the rules. THEY were using their ethnicity and "differentness" as an excuse for their unlawful behavior...the racism sword cuts in all directions...
    Enforcement officer said he'd busted them before doing the same thing at the same place, if I remember correctly he said he'd caught them TWICE before...
    and like I said before, no matter who they are or where they're from, poachers should leave the river wearing handcuffs. and these guys did.
    re: all you guys busting on The Coach...pls note following...http://www.illwillpress.com/ I'll let Foamy do my talking for me.
    Bob

5. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

I think you are right about a trigger.

My guess is the trigger is a deep and dark history of slavery and racism in America. We like think to we have moved on but it haunts to this day IMO.

I have talked to many people from other parts of the world who mention how skin color is a huge deal in the USA and they can feel it. They say it is nothing like that where they are from. And they say this in a town like Bellingham which is supposed to be liberal and multi-cultural.

6. SpeySpaz

:rofl::rofl:Oh God, catching up on this thread has been great! I should've spent yesterday HERE instead of actually fishing for steelhead...and catching one!:rofl:
    Be Jofus, you crackin' me up!

7. HauntedByWaters

:eek: You need some coffee and vitamins because you are talking crrrrraaaazzzyyyyy.

8. SpeySpaz

:):):)Jason
    got a little steelhead and some cutts yesterday on my new Meiser. Life is good-:D
    taking a day off in the middle of the week really gives one some perspective. Maybe if the rivers were full of fish and we were really happy and busy fishing!, a lot of these pissing matches wouldn't happen.

9. HauntedByWaters

Very nice :thumb: I had a day like that last weekend as well. Gave me a buzz that should last a couple weeks.

10. Andrew Kirkland

Andrew Kirkland cuttlover

iagree

11. Copper Jon

Copper Jon What a Jim!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:That is the best new little icon I've ever seen and perfectly placed. I was reading away and just saying to myself "this is getting good". Sometimes this site is better than any reality TV.

12. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Those same folks that push and live PC are the biggest sufferers of the "trigger". When you live without fear as a white man (good amount of native, but appear and live in a white man's world) and without guilt because you know in your heart you do the best you possibly can on a daily basis, you can live free from PC and without guilt. I make mistakes. I also know history and I know my ancestors have commited many attocities against many peoples. (And had many committed against them) But I can only control my own actions and try to influence my own family and immediate community on the right things to do. They have freedom of choice also. But be prepared to be punished for that security in knowing you are a solid dude. Be prepared to be challenged by those who live in fear and guilt of their own thoughts and actions if you actually appear comfortable in your own skin and truly comfortable around all peoples. If in doubt, see posts by Mykiss, Bonefish Jack and the rest of the Chickenshit, let's hide our head in the Sand Brigade. PC is wrong and cowardice invented by cowards. The truth may hurt and hurt bad, it may shock, it may wound, it may destroy. The difference is PC hides in the closet and slowly chokes, poisons and kills. The truth often comes on like an explosion, but the smoke clears quickly and true healing, revival, hope, love, friendship, understanding, forgiveness and courage can be sifted from the ashes. Sometimes almost nothing can be salvaged, but the world can be a tough place and at least you now where those around you really stand. Heading out bonefishing. Duff

13. HauntedByWaters

A lot of good points Duff.

14. Brett Angel

Brett Angel Member

Forget it. Waste of my time.

15. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

You've always got good shit to say Brett, lay it out there. duffer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.