Update on pinks please?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mark Buick, Aug 6, 2013.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Go down river from the launch to Johnson's bar or park behind the ball fields in the park up river from Gardner and walk over the dike to the bar. Park along side the soccer fields on Whitmarsh and fish above the railroad bridge. There is plenty of room if you look. And plenty of slimers.

2. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Just go and make your own report! I've been out 3 times in the last 9 days.. saw some caught, brought one home a friend caught, watched a young kid I took fishing get his first saltwater fish on a fly (that he tied) and hit a couple of different beaches. They're out there, you just have to get out and do it! Not going to post where, but I've seen a few other board members out there.. should be really good in a week or two!

3. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Instead of telling me how to catch pinks, will someone just let me film them catching them so I can sit in my living room and relive the action over and over again? I'm not really wanting to actually get out and do anything, just watch others have all the fun. Could someone help me out with that?

Christ, maybe I'm just tired and grumpy from no sleep this past month, but I've fished almost every single day since July 1st in some form or another, and amazingly enough this has allowed me to learn that are a few pinks around to be caught. I have pinks, coho, and chinook heading into the smoker tonight. Mmmmm.

Get off your butt and go fishing.

4. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

As Kerry has stated ther are plenty of places to fish humpies & they are a great fish to get somebody started in the sport of fishing. That said the lower skagit is a boat or plunking show and I would wait until the upper river opens if I was planning to fly fish as there is a crowd at most public bank spots

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Hell, even I have found a few.

Paul Potter and Nick Clayton like this.
  6. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Some showing at Tacoma, but not in big numbers yet. I've hooked 5 in two trips and batting 1000, so good by me.

7. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Their here, you just have to find them. I've landed 40 or more in the last two days. (MA11)

8. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I have still not landed a pink, I hooked up with I dont even know how many fish today and no pinks. I am fairly certain all of my flys are broken.

fish-on and dibling like this.
  9. dibling

dibling Active Member

I'm in the same boat, with only one salmon hookup so far that I lost within three feet of the beach. I think my rod, reel, waders and bucket are broken in addition to my flies :)

Kcahill likes this.
  10. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Yeah I think someone sprayed my gear with pink repellant. I have landed more coho so far then I did all last year and even got a king.....still no pink :eek:

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Them other fish are way better tasting then that dirty Pink.

12. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Oh ya, lets all feel sorry for Keith. Poor, poor guy can only manage to land those lowly kings and coho, none of the regal pink salmon! You're breakin my heart here! :D:D :D

13. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I have a hello kitty sticker on my stripping basket now (a pink one at that) I am going to get one this weekend.

14. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Been on the boat in MA10 and MA11 today and yesterday. Lost a few pinks yesterday, and one today. Freaking DEAD in MA11, even in my usual "hot spots." Today might be the first time I've ever been legitimately skunked in the salt when targeting pinks. Saw a few lone jumpers here and there, but man was it dead. I just got my new canner, so I'm ready to fill some jars and try it out. Already have about 20 fish smoked from this season... Need some variety.

We did manage one decent bycatch yesterday, though.

Attached Files:

15. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

I went to JoAnn yesterday but couldn't find a Hello Kitty sticker that would be appropriate on my basket! :mad::eek::mad:

Kcahill likes this.