Upgrading my fly outfit

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kevin Fee, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Kevin Fee

Kevin Fee BUY THE TICKET....TAKE THE RIDE

I know it's been awhile, but I have finally upgraded my fly rod/reel. After researching a number of different options, I decided to go with a 6 wt tip flex Orvis Access. It is sweet! Lightweight and casts awesome. I got it with an Access reel, which is also pretty rad. Nice drag, and anodized.

This setup was supposed to come with Access line, but they were out, so they upgraded me to the Hydros line for free! The guys at the Bellevue Orvis store were pretty cool. That was my first time there, and after my experience buying this rod, I plan to be a customer there for a long time.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys. I am stoked!

-Kevin

2. dfl

dfl Active Member

I've bought more than a few "better" rods since I paid $125 for my first St. Croix 9' 5 wt. but none of them have me catching more fish or casting further.

Old Man likes this.
  3. Kevin Fee

Kevin Fee BUY THE TICKET....TAKE THE RIDE

Ha! right on, dude. I kinda just wanted something new. Maybe it's the extra confidence that a new tool instills in a person, but I feel pretty good casting with this rod. I can feel it load much easier. Either way, it's fun to fish with.

-Kevin

Stew McLeod likes this.
  4. Eric Denny

Eric Denny Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!

Well Kevin thats all that matters!!

5. Redington has some good chit for the price

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I always get a good laugh out of these threads on what rod to buy or what line to use or which reel is the best bang for the bucks.

I always based my gear buying on what my wallet could bear. I have never ever gone into fancy or high priced stuff. I can make do with what I buy. I don't need all that hype to get me to buy something. I get what I think I need and like what I use.

Maybe I should just ignore these threads but it gives me something to do in the early morning. It's like a good book. You can't get enough enjoyment just sitting here.