Upland Forums

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by FLGator, Aug 10, 2009.

1. FLGator

FLGator Member

Can anyone recommend an active upland bird hunting forum? Tried to register today on the Upland Journal's forum, but was prevented due to "the board administrator switching off registrations". Any advice for a budding upland hunter and soon to be proud papa of a working cocker pup would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mike McAvoy

Mike McAvoy olddog22202

3. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Shooting Sportsman forum is pretty good.

4. SSL84

SSL84 Member

5. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I visit Upland Journal even though I am not an avid bird hunter. I find it a very informative board with a great membership and it is well administered. I am puzzled as to why registrations would be turned off.

6. Mike McAvoy

Mike McAvoy olddog22202

Kerry,
    Re Upland Journal ..... I think Brad collects a handful of new registrants and every so often (not too long) he puts them through whatever is used to accept people to forums and then you are in and able to post.
    To my knowledge though, one can lurk and read posts without having registered or while waiting to register.
    Mike

7. FLGator

FLGator Member

Finally was able to get registered on UJ after e mailing one of the moderators and a waiting period. Finally!

We just returned from North Dakota after picking up our new English Cocker pup. She's 7 weeks old and a handful! Have tons to learn regarding EVERYTHING upland. What a journey!

8. Chukar Spey

Chukar Spey I'll take Chukar & Steelhead all day, every day!

The answer I was given via UJ Admin is the server was over-run by spam and such. They do the memberships in short orders and you need to contact the admin directly to inquire about a membership. Best one out there for general upland hunting. Others that are geared to breeds and such, but those are more of a niche market.