Wading Boot Blowout

nwtroutguy

The Tug Is The Drug
Got my heel caught on a rock wading on the North Fork Salmon River and had to hike out 2 miles with a heel slap on every step of right foot:mad: I think it is time to retire these to the wading boot graveyard wading boot.jpg wading boot2.jpg

GAT

Dumbfounded
I've heard that AquaSeal is thinned down Shoo Goo. I've started using AquaSeal as a waterproof adhesive and it works danged well. The felt on one of my ancient ol' Danner wading boots did the same thing and I used AquaSeal to fix it.

I really like my Danner boots and they no longer sell them so I'll do whatever is necessary to keep the boots intact.

I've heard that AquaSeal is thinned down Shoo Goo. I've started using AquaSeal as a waterproof adhesive and it works danged well. The felt on one of my ancient ol' Danner wading boots did the same thing and I used AquaSeal to fix it.

I really like my Danner boots and they no longer sell them so I'll do whatever is necessary to keep the boots intact.

You should make a cartoon about them boots!

TD

Aqua seal is great stuff. I use it to patch holes in air mattresses, inflatable boats, etc. I keep a small tube of regular and UV cure in my bag. Rigging tape is also a fantastic thing to keep around. A few wraps around your heel and you'd have been in business.

Got my heel caught on a rock wading on the North Fork Salmon River and had to hike out 2 miles with a heel slap on every step of right foot:mad: I think it is time to retire these to the wading boot graveyard View attachment 46068 View attachment 46069

Dude, those boots look like their still in great shape, other than the obvious.

Use the Gorilla glue as directed (follow instructions), like Rye said. That stuff is awesome in applications like that. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Lugan

Joe Streamer
Saw the title of this thread, and thought it was going to be potty humor about Wadin' Boot. I'm disappointed. Sorry about your wading boot though.