Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Washington fly fishing fair?

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  GOTY 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what this is about? I've never been to one, is it worth the drive over the hill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Please join us at the 2015 Fly Fishing Fair put on by the Washington State Council of the IFFF. The Fair is THIS WEEKEND (Friday, May 1st and Saturday, May 2nd) at the Kittitas Valley Event Center and Fairgrounds in Ellensburg, WA. It's going to be a great event! The Fly Fishing Fair runs Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. IFFF members and kids under the age of 16 get in free, for everyone else the entry fee is $5. This year's Fly Fishing Fair will feature:

FLY TYING DEMONSTRATIONS - There will be over 75 fly tiers demonstrating their favorite patterns all day Friday and Saturday. You'll not only see some beautiful tying, but you'll also get a lesson on the critters they represent. All of our talented fly tiers are excited to share their love of fly fishing and fly tying with you. There won't be a bad seat in the house!

CASTING - There will be casting games (including a nine-hole casting course), casting competitions, casting demonstrations, and instructional workshops on one and two-handed rods. There will be classes and workshops on Saturday, May 2nd, put on by our talented CCI instructors. The workshops are guaranteed to be informative, fun, and will help you achieve significant advancement along the path to becoming a better fly fisherman. The workshops cost $30 each and registration is available on line at the registration site listed below. 30-minute private lessons are also available and can also be reserved online, or by signing up at the event; the cost is $15. All instructors are certified by the IFFF Casting Instructor Certification Program (CICP). Biographies of the instructors are available on the registration site and in the Fly Fishing Fair section of the WSCIFFF website.

FLY FISHING SEMINARS- Free seminars will be offered on Friday and Saturday. Spend some time listening to the experts talk about how to succeed fishing familiar and exotic fly fishing waters. Here's the seminar schedule:

Friday, May 1st
9:30 AM What's Bugging You Preston Singletary Manastash Room
9:30 AM Fly Fishing Central Oregon's Lakes and Rivers Marc Williamson Heritage Room
11:00 AM Keep 'Em Wet, It's How They Breathe Abbie Schuster Manastash Room
11:00 AM Umpqua River Smallmouth and Shad David Paul Williams Heritage Room
1:00 PM Yakima River Trout Johnny Boitano Manastash Room
1:00 PM Methow River Steelhead and Trout Rod Griffin Heritage Room
2:30 PM Montana's Clark Fork Steve Temple Manastash Room
2:30 PM Wash. Warmwater Fishing Opportunities Bruce Bolding Heritage Room
4:00 PM Alaska's Naknek River Mike Benbow Manastash Room
4:00 PM The Art and Science of Still Waters Marc Williamson Heritage Room

Saturday, May 2nd
9:30 AM Keep 'Em Wet, It's How They Breathe Abbie Schuster Manastash Room
9:30 AM What's Bugging You Preston Singletary Heritage Room
11:00 AM Puget Sound Sea-Run Cutthroat Dale Dennis Manastash Room
11:00 AM Alaska's Naknek River Mike Benbow Heritage Room
1:00 PM Wash. Warmwater Fishing Opportunities Bruce Bolding Manastash Room
1:00 PM Wade Fishing the Spokane River Chet Allison Heritage Room
2:30 PM Methow River Steelhead and Trout Rod Griffin Manastash Room
2:30 PM Yakima River Trout Johnny Boitano Heritage Room

VENDORS and EXHIBITORS - Over 25 vendors and exhibitors will be at the Fly Fishing Fair including:
Amato Publications Portland, OR
Avid Angler Lake Forest Park, WA
Bamboo Pursuits Dave Dozer Sisters, OR
BT's Fly Fishing & Photography Boise, ID
Casting for Recovery
Catcher Craft Ellensburg, WA
Clark Fork Trout St. Regis, MT
Cowlitz Fly Anglers Longview, WA
Emerald Waters Seattle, WA
Evening Hatch Ellensburg, WA
Fly on the Wheel Sedro Woolley, WA
Jim Ulm Tying Stations Jacksonville, OR
Nor Vise Kelso, WA
Northpole Bellingham, WA
OPFI Sequim, WA
Patagonia
Project Healing Waters
Promise Land Tannery Okanogan, WA
R4SGAC
Scaly Design Adair Village OR
Snake River Nets Idaho Falls, ID
Snake River Outfitters Rigby, ID
TFO & AQUAZ Boring, OR
Trout Unlimited
Troutwater Ellensburg, WA
WDFW Warmwater Program
Worley Bugger Ellensburg, WA

YOUTH FLY FISHING WORKSHOP - For kids ages 12 through 16, there will be an Introduction to Fly Fishing Workshop on Saturday, May 2nd, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The workshop will cover the basics of fly fishing and will include tying and casting instruction. The Workshop fee ($40.00) and includes a fly rod and reel outfit and lunch. Class size is limited to 20 participants.

AUCTION/RAFFLE ITEMS - There will be some great auction and raffle items at this year's Fair including: fly assortments; bamboo rods; custom built rods; rod and reel outfits; reels, lines and leaders; fly tying materials; fly tying tools; specialty baskets; fly fishing books; fishing trips; rare fly plates, plus our Legends Fly Plate.

DINNER BANQUET & AUCTION - Friday evening, May 1st. Tickets can be reserved online or purchased at the door (limited quanties). The cost is $35.

To pre-register, sign up for workshops and casting lessons, purchase Dinner Banquet and Auction tickets, etc, go to the WSCIFFF website at:

http://www.wscifff.org/

Or directly to the online 2015 Fly Fishing Fair registration site at:

https://www.regonline.com/2015washingtonflyfishingfair

We are looking forward to seeing you at the Fly Fishing Fair. If you have any questions or problems registering please call or email me.

Regards,
Jim Maus
WSCIFF, VP Communications
(253)732-5006 Cell
jimmaus@comcast.net

#12 ·
My wife and I usually demonstrate tying at Ellensburg. It's my favorite show. Nice small town feel to it, but not small in the activities area. Plenty to do and see, well worth the trip if your a fly fisherman and tier.

Unfortunately, due to my wife's surgery we had to cancel this year. We'll be there next year though.

#15 ·
Well, crap...I totally forgot I signed up for this in January and made plans to fish with some buddies in Winthrop this weekend. Weather looks promising and I was exciting to do some stillwater fishing for the first time this year (except for a couple hours bank fishing Omak). Looks like I'll have to cancel my fishing trip and drag a boat down to the Ellensburg Fairgrounds. Stop by and say Hi. If I'm not at the booth, I'll be at one of the presentations, wishing I was fishing rather than talking about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.