Washington hiking and fishing...

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Wimpywade94, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

Upper Elwha...lions and tigers and bears, Oh My!

Randy

PS and few gillion hungry trout that will take any deer or elk haired fly that hits the surface of one of the most beautiful streams in Washington

2. RedSpey

RedSpey Guest

You may want to look into the North Cascades, although it may be a bit far away for you. Diablo and Ross lakes have good fishing and the Thunder Creek trail is long. I think there are some primitive campgrounds on the north end of Ross Lake.
    RedSpey

3. Wimpywade94

Wimpywade94 New Member

cool, i will look into those lakes as well.

thanks guys.

wade

4. jackchinook

jackchinook Member

Everyone's missed the obvious here...

Wimpywade,
    get ahold of a map of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area, located between Steven's and Snoqualmie passes. Take a close look and realize that there are literally hundreds of little blue spots between those two passes. Almost every one of them has trout in them....cutthroats, rainbows, brookies....even a chance for the odd golden trout if you're lucky. Trails run every direction through there and you could create an incredible loop or car to car through-route if you planned right. Plus the scenery is tough to beat.

5. Wimpywade94

Wimpywade94 New Member

ya, monday i was going to go to sportsmans and see if i could find a map like that, i figured that even if we just hike around and backpack to differnt lakes we still will have a blast.

wade

6. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

A fly fishing clinic will be held up at this lodge at the Scottish Lakes in the North Cascades in September. I think they're via Wenatchee or there abouts. The clinic is about fishing alpine lakes. They pick you up at the parking area and transport you up to the lodge. From there I think you hike to the lakes.

Margaret wants us to do this shindig, but I'm still not sure how my work schedule will shape up by then. I hear it's pretty cool. You might consider the experience. The facilities are somewhat limited at the lodge, and you might be faced with bringing some of your own food to make in the cabins that are there. Still, the last time Margaret went there, she had a very good time. You can find info online. Just do a web search.

7. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    The Washington Trails Assn is a good bet forjhiking and camping info. I think they have a site online.