Water Master Kodiak: Your Lessons Learned?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Gregg Lundgren, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Mike Monsos

Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

I bet he's already clearing a spot in his boathouse for it. LOL

Mike

2. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Thanks RCSFLYFISH for sending the pic to Kent. Looking forward to seeing it.

Mike... I am all over that REI Lite-Core Sit Pad. Appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks for everyone's help. Truly appreciated.

Greggor

3. RCSFLYFISH

RCSFLYFISH New Member

Its a REALLY nice looking blue. So much I almost can't stand to not order one. But my Kodiak will have to get a lot more wear first.

4. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Well Fred, it IS a nice blue, that's for sure!

K

5. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

6. Mike Monsos

Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

You know you want it Kent, just one more boat. George likes the blue one too. :clown:

Mike

7. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

I also pre-ordered a Royal Blue Kodiak Expedition Pkg with the LVM and an achor mount (y, I know I could make one cheap but...) as add ons but didn't see an option on the site for a higher soft seat; only the Action Fishing Seat (no thanks). I thought the seat on the WFF Kodiak demo I used for a week was fine tho. Is there an upcharge for a higher soft seat?

w00t! That is nice!!!! [​IMG]

I'd love to see how you rigged that cooler. Got any pics? It would be nice if the drink holders were deeper for a little more security. Wonder if you could fix some durable removable tubes over the drink holder openings that are tall enough to hold a can securely and can be stashed in the cooler (with a can in it, takes up zero room) when not using?
    I think I may want to order some extra D-rings.
    Got a nice Seattle Sports 2300 cu" dry duffel with backpack straps from STP a cpl weeks back for $15. I do have a comfy old REI Cruiser frame that I can loop the WM dry bag backpack straps over and cinch down with compression straps on the side for slightly longer carries. Am thinking about a K-40 or K-200. If I were packing in any distance or where it would not be convenient to use the LVM should I get a K-Pump (and which one?) or stick with the foot pump?

Sweet! The rectangular Trail Seat model for the same price looks like it has enough fabric on the corners to install a small grommet that can be used to fix it to the boat so the pad can't go off on a solo float. You could also glue some sticky tape-on velcro hooks to the bottom of the pad and sew v-loop on the soft seat so the pad won't slide around.

8. Gregg Lundgren

Hi Brian,

The High Back Seat is listed as a $60 upgrade on the price list sheet I received in the free info pack from BSI. Seat Description: Comfortable/Great Back Support/Rear Storage Pocket. Rich Stuber mentioned that while only 4 inches higher, the stiffer material combines to make a big difference. I was able to drop the foot pump from the Expedition Package, and credit it towards the seat.

The deep Royal Blue is as he promised. Nice!

My Kodiak is due to be delivered in late March. We'll have to continue to share notes.

Greggor

9. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

Thanks much for the response. I'm debating whether to get a K40, or a motorbike Gel Cel and a K200 for places where it just isn't practical to inflate the WM at the car.

10. Gregg Lundgren

My plan is to use a portable "high volume/low pressure" 12/110v rechargable pump along with a K200 to top-off.

Greggor