Watermaster for Ducks?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by PontoonerinOregon, Dec 1, 2009.

1. PontoonerinOregon

PontoonerinOregon New Member

I have just recently gotten inot duck hunting. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used one much to hunt from? I know it would be great for getting from point a to point b. Anyone ever used in that matter? Is it practical? I know its advertised on the site for that use aswell as fishing. Just wondering if anyone has used it much in that capacity.

2. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

I have a friend who used to hunt ducks and brandt from his belly boat in Skagit Bay. They would motor out and drop him off. He would anchor up a long shot away from his friends in the boat. He felt he had an advantage of a low profile, especially around gun-shy, experienced birds. As an added bonus, the guys in the boat would have to fetch any ducks that he dropped.

I would be concerned if it were just a single person and you somehow got a puncture in the tube. You can imagine locations where this would leave you marooned.

Steve

3. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Call the guys at Big Sky Inflatables, the folks who make the WM. Their shop has several photos of the owner and his black lab hunting waterfowl.

K

4. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I visited the Watermaster plant in Missoula a couple years ago. The larger model in camo looked like a great boat for duck hunting and transporting your dog. The owner uses it all the time for duck hunting. Rick

5. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

just don't shoot your boat