Waterproof camera review roundup

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by tkww, Aug 11, 2013.

1. tkww

tkww Member

2. chrome/22

chrome/22 For him there whould always be the riddle of steel

3. tkww

tkww Member

I've been using a TS-1 myself. Don't "need" to replace it, but I could be talked into it. I've been looking at the TG-2. Better flash, faster lens, gps....yeah, I could be talked into it. :)

4. Chase

Chase Member

I've been using the Nikon AW110 for a few months now. I am very pleased with it. Of course I am also a novice when it comes to photography, but it seems like I get some really great shots!

5. Matthew LeBret

Matthew LeBret Active Member

I am very happy with my AW100 and also Nikon's service

6. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

Home Page:
    Thanks for posting the link. Been using the TS4 and have so far been happy with it, although you need to be carful to keep your finger of the lens - difficult if your fishing alone and trying to take a picture, hold the fish and rod at same time. I like the manual exposure capability.

7. joellirot

joellirot Member

just bought the olympus a few weeks ago. awesome camera. i have a nikon dslr but the point and shoots have come a long way in the past couple of years. i got the 'last generation' olympus for a significant discount - bought a factory refurbished and a 2 year optional warranty (geek guys??) for total of 300 bucks shipped. the pix are amazing. i've been using it in the pool with the kids. it's been dropped several times and seems tough as a brick. got it off of ebay. can't say enough good stuff about it.

8. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

The two things I'd be looking for in a replacement. One, a screen I can see in bright daylight. Two, better battery life.
    Looks like the TS-5 would be my pic.

9. tkww

tkww Member

I'm not sure any of the screens are really that great for brightness, unfortunately. The battery life on my TS-1 is really great. The flash and low-light shooting aren't, which is what has me leaning towards a different camera if/when I replace. But overall the camera has been good to me, for what it is.

10. tkww

tkww Member

I'm in the same boat with a couple of nikon DSLRs. My TS-1 is the only compact I currently own. I had one of the very first wp pentax optio's. It was, to be frank, a complete POS, from the battery life to the seals to the IQ. I wasn't really that sad when it died. But, it did get me completely hooked on a waterproof camera!!! The TS-1 was a huge upgrade after I got used to where the lens was located. But I'm really starting to want GPS tagging in my photos....

11. joellirot

joellirot Member

tkww. agree with you 100%. the first one i had was a pos but after having a waterproof camera it's hard to go back. i even had a case for an old nikon point and shoot. it was great - but a bit of a pita.