NFR WDFW gets it right- Wolves part trois

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ribka, Sep 24, 2012.

1. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

The candidates and their party principals certainly have...the nation is about as polarized as it can be. I keeping hoping I don't see a MSLSD logo show up on WFF with Chris Matthews replacing Ed as moderator :eek:

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Trustfunder...thin ice friend, thin freaking ice. State your opinion respectfully or push the keyboard away.

3. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

It's "editor in chief".

4. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    It's good to have a moderator who has young kids, the parenting skills come in handy. Nicely stated.

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Well the State of Washington is safe again the last of the wedge pack was killed today the alpha male the last to go. Well there should be no tears shed they were just a pack of aliens from Canada.
    jesse

triploidjunkie likes this.
  6. freestoneangler

Apparently the guy owning the house in Avery, ID (Hwy 50 along the St. Joe) felt this way. He had a rather large, professionally made banner on his fence that spoke about the grey aliens from Canada...and that he shoots them on sight. It sure seems that pack had been up to some no good.

7. ribka

ribka Active Member

I know quite a few ranchers and they pay to lease public resource and in return they grow healthy organic -free range beef.Yes they do receive govt subsidies and tax write offs.

Interesting that fly guides use a public resource (rivers) put a lot of stress on endangered native steelhead and trout and pay zero fees ( unlike the ranchers) to use the public resource. Like ranchers they make profits off of a public resource. And they do receive govt welfare in the form of tax write offs.

Perhaps guides should start paying a yearly usage fee for every public river where they guide like a rancher does for his leased land. Time to pay your fair share guides like the ranchers.

Same guys that demonize the ranchers on here support the fly guides

Nothing against fly guides and have guided myself in other states.

8. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Great!! Now hopefully they'll start on the other packs, at least push the invasive(non-native) wolf back into Canada.

9. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Wolves don't pay attention to international borders these wolves have and will continue to roam in this area. The WDFW is already planning on what to do when the next pack wanders across the border, No visa required.
    jesse

10. scottybs

scottybs Active Member

Home Page:
    Not to get TOO political here, but ELIMINATE ALL tax write-offs and simplify the tax code!

11. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

I saw that sign yesterday too...I have to generally agree with this sentiment as well. There were many decals in St Maries that had the wolf in the rifle scope image on the back of their windows or bumpers.

Many small town economies are driven by logging and ranching so wolves impose a threat to these communities. Its easy now for government agencies to not allow logging in many areas that are now considered endangered wolf habitat. Its easy to see how many that reside in these towns take the actions needed to eliminate this threat in a more vigilante type of nature.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  12. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

If we do end up allowing people to hunt the wolves in order to stimulate the economy, I sure hope they do the same for criminals, I mean why would we pay a professional to do a job that so many people would do for free. I'm sure that wouldn't back fire at all.

13. freestoneangler

I think that approach is the model being tested in Chicago...the city with the most stringent gun controls.

14. Derek Young

Derek Young Emerging Rivers Guide Services

Home Page:
    I'll include your recommendation when I pay for my commercial license, required by the State to (legally) guide. Think it'll work?

15. ribka

ribka Active Member

$250 for a guide license to guide on every piece of public water in the state?

My neighbor pays over $2000 a year to lease land to run cattle. And he can only run cattle on that piece of land.

Ranchers I guess need to pay their fair share.

I have nothing against guides but to come on here and attack ranchers and farmers as welfare queens and not address other groups who use public resources, put a strain on the resources to make profits and pay pay very little to do so seems disingenuous to say the least.