We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Mumbles, your a good egg.

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Buck.

I got a little side bar instruction on some of the history behind the stories of both the Iron Man of the Hoh and the horseback fly angler. Thank you sir for the thumbnail. I did some online searching too and found a lot of cool information about John and his whole family during that very rugged era.

3. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

:eek: When did this turn into a Craigslist "Misc Romances" camping trip? That is enough to scare the beejezus out of me.:D

4. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Ok, I will try not to fall asleep unless I have the doors bolted and my gun next to me. Oh, and my chastity belt safely locked tight. :rofl:

Onto food, don't think I'll be bringing the smoker with. Pain in the ass to load up. Unless there is a high demand for ribs, etc. Then I could do it.

I was also thinking. IF I did bring it. If I did a donation system, I could pickup up a couple slabs of ribeyes from Sam's. Could slow smoke them until they were medium rare and then pull and cook to order (or as close as I could). Just a thought. That's IF I bring the smoker with.

5. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Ribs in the smoker, A large slow cooked rib-eyer (then cut and cooked to order). Will you be my Valentine! ;)

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Home Page:
    Buck, I think you have too much of a Man Crush on me. If I take you in the driftboat, you're setting in front buddy. :rofl::rofl:

I gotta talk to my buddy. He's the one I get my rub from. Awesome stuff, but bastard won't give me the recipe to make it myself. Don't blame him, it's awesome stuff.

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I think that there is way to much man love going around on this thread. Makes one think about even camping around you guys.

Jim

8. Gary Dills

Gary Dills 3 weight to 10 weight

I'll be there! The olympic peninsula fly fishers is having a day outing on the Bogi saturday the 21st. Not sure yet where I'm going to hole up but looking forward to meeting other like minded wackos. :)

9. Kirk Singleton

Kirk Singleton Capt Kirk

Home Page:
    it looks like I can come for a three day weekend. I dont know any of you so be nice. I have a few questions-If I bring my boat will there be anyone that wants to drift with me that knows the river? Is it better to take the ferry or drive around from Issaquah? Anybody need a ride? I will probably leave fri the 20th mid morning and come home really late on Sunday. Ill sleep in my suburban. BTW herer is a great link on a camping prank...

classic!

10. Islander

Islander Steve

That's a pretty funny video. Right up there the "raccoon incident" at the Cowlitz.

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

So you remember that little trick played on the 'Yard. A raccoon in every cooler.

That clip from youtube is from Westfly and I don't believe that them and WFF get along to good. I'd be suprised that it don't get deleted..

Jim

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Starting to have second thoughts on coming out to the coast. Wifes car did the don't want to work trick to the tune of about $700 bucks. Was going to use my income tax on coming but now I don't know.

I still have to come to Washington as I'm bringing my Granddaughter to stay and go to school. The the extra miles to the coast, well I just don't know.

Car repairs can sure kick you in the ass if you don't see them coming.

Jim

13. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Wuss!! :clown:

14. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear the poor financial news with the car Jim, but I'm looking forward to meeting your cantanerous old ass at the Oxbow. Fishdontcare is flying in from Cali, make the drive out to the coast man, just do it. Consider riding out and back with someone to split the drive and gas. Post your travel dates and see who can hook you up. I'm going to the airport to collect fishdontcare, a full 90 minutes in the wrong direction for me. We've gotta look out for one another, right?

15. Jerry Daschofsky

Home Page:
    I'll be there for sure. Last weekend of the Hoh event. I'll at least have my two pontoons with me. So there will at least be one seat open for those needing a boat. If I bring my driftboat, will have two pontoons available and possibly one seat open in my driftboat (Buck has one already guaranteed).

So, just curious, is everyone a go for possibly doing ribeye slabs? How about a brisket? Could do ribs as well. Can pickup a monster pack of eggs (like 5-8 dozen, they sell in monster packs at Sams), frozen shredded hashbrowns, and misc. May even do some sort of stirfry. Have a monster stainless wok. But we'll go from there. I'll be fishing of course, but I'll be ready to cook in the evening. May pickup a monster bag of onions, do homemade onion rings and a huge bag of potatoes (I have a fry cutter). Any other ideas on what you'd want for food? Figured we'd do the big thing on Saturday night. I'm starting to tie up my flyboxes now. Getting stuff ready. Just need to get my driftboat ready though.