We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

I'm not taking anything for any team! That pic was for fun, now, don't get me wrong, I'm a free man on the river!
    Kidding aside, I don't think I have a chance of making it. I ended up selling that house tonight which means the inspection/septic inspection later this week. Paperwork to follow. If I was rolling in the dough, I'd have my mom or sister finished up the paperwork but $$ is tight so I have to do my job. Boo Hoo.
    I was looking forward to meeting you guys and hanging out. BBQ, fishing, and no little babies crying, I'm gonna miss out for sure. Maybe later this year or next.
    Someone take a fucking camera and bring us some pics. Make sure you get a good one of OMJ falling down drunk. ;) Cheers,
    Frank.

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I never get that bad. I know when to quit.

But I hope I can make it. The weather looks to turn bad about Wednesday this week with temps in the lower 30's. With temps that low we usually get snow. And it snowed last night in the passes out of Montana.

But I will try.

Jim

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Well, I hope to meet you sometime soon then Buck...but not sporting them wading chaps! Jim, I hope the weather is favorable for the trip, if not we can arrange our next meeting in a field nest to your house in Dillon, MT.

4. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Well maybe this summer we'll meet trout fishing, or going for summer runs. Jim, drive careful chap and Jerry thank for holding a spot on your db, but l'm officially out. This deal better stay togwther, that's all I have to say!
    Cheers,
    BN

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I'm coming. Leaving tomorrow morning. Going to try and beat the weather. Don't have any idea where in the hell I'm going to stay for a few days before I head out the the OX bow.See you all there when I get there on Thursday. And no I ain't going to do no damn tent camping. These old bones can't take the cold,

Jim

6. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

20 hours and I'll be on the other side of Puget pond. Whom ever is there, cool. If you're not there, then that's where you're at.

7. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Sweet, I will see all yall on Wednesday!!!! :beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1:

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Update. Boy was I ever wrong about the weather. It's been snowing here for the last two hours. Got about 2 inches and the sky is dark and it is coming down. So much for looking ahead.

I hope I can get out of Montana. If not, I'll see you all when ever.

Jim

9. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

whatever jim

10. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

hopefully the rivers stay down where they are. I am hoping they stay fishable so I can get out of the house for a couple of days.

57 degrees and raining, which forecast for two days this week, along with rain every day makes me nervous though.

11. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Jeremy, I hear ya! I've been seeing forecasts for highs around 50, not as bad as 57, but the rain everyday definitely makes me nervous. If I can swing it I plan on being there Thursday night. But I plan on Friday through Monday at least. Just tied up a bunch of bunnies today in anticipation!! Now I need to stop by costco and grab some meat and beer :beer2:

12. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Is it 57 over here or 57 over there? I know forecasts can very by area, even across the sound. So hopefully we get some colder nights over there. I plan on being there thursday night or friday morning. For those reading this, I just did a food post on this part of the forum. Check it out please. Thanks.

13. Ed Call

I'm headed out there with fishdontcare on Thursday evening. We'll be fishing Friday. I'm looking forward to this trip big time. I know FDC is also. I don't think I'll be sleeping between now and then...pretty excited for a multiday trip. This will be the first time that I will have fished more than two days at a location. Most of those have been drive in early, fish all day, stay over then fish the next day until departure. Very stoked though.

14. Islander

Islander Steve

Well the truck is packed and I'm ready to go. I'll hit the ferry first thing in the morning. I'll probably swing by the fly shop in Port Angeles since it's on the way. See if they have any good info on river conditions or suggestions. See you guys whenever you roll in. :beer2:

15. Ed Call

Steve, will you be there all week or leaving sometime mid week?