We doin' this again or what?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Jan 21, 2009.

1. PT

PT Physhicist

PMS me your address and I'll send you a hankey.....

The trip sounds like fun. If I go there'd be a seat or two available in my boat.
    Dave

2. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Home Page:
    you bitchin about your warm hotel room tax? in forks for a $50/night room? it aint even in king county.
    you coulda camped out and saved the $$ if that really bothers you so much, but then,
    we'd be reading you bitchin about how cold it was and how your back hurts......

:rolleyes:

jd

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

OM, you are one miserable dude.bawling:

4. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

If you had to joust with a rope or take a 36 hour pill so you can have 3 minutes of fun followed by a day and a half of ring toss with yourself, you would be cranky too...

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Shit with friends like you all. Who in the hell needs any enemies.

At least when I'm bitching, it means that I'm still alive. If you don't hear from me in over three days it probably means I'm dead.

Jim

6. Sam Decker

Sam Decker New Member

I'm there from the 20-28th. Maybe this time I could fish with one of you. I do know how to row, I am on my third Hyde. I guide on the Delaware in NY.
    We have a house rented in Forks.

7. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Molly, I would consider it an honor and a privilege. Really dug that egg sack you had on your line last year. I will be there from the 21st through the 29th. I'll submit that today so those Dates are now in concrete.

The WFF HOH 2009 will be the weekends of March 21 & 22 through 28th & 29th.

8. Coonhound Jed

Coonhound Jed New Member

THANK YOU MATT!!!!!

9. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Dave, I'm not sure if I can get away either but if I can, could I possibly get a lift in your boat.
    Also, are you guys gonna get some shirts again, to commemorate the trip?
    Do most of you camp? Is there a camp site? Could someone post a link or the info to said site (if there is one)? Is there gonna be some kind of community tent in the event it pours like a mother again?
    Buck.

10. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

I'll echo Buck's question about t-shirts and campsites.

I'll try to be there. I'd be the doofy looking guy in a funny hat riding an out-of-control Skookum Steelheader. Wave as I flail on past, see you at camp. We can commiserate over cheap cigars and booze in camp.

also it would be good to put some faces to these personalities in these pages...:thumb:

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

FDC, if you are flying in I can certainly schedule some shuttle service. I'm thining of buying a new toon...and am considering selling my current one. Maybe I'll keep it for now so that someone else could use it.

Oh, PT, that is some funny shit!

Jim, don't go dying. Who the hell cares if it rains. If there are rooms in use, great. I've got some tents, some better for rain than others. If losers like me are not excluded I might not mind floating fifteenth through some hole and picking up the mystery fish that all STUDS before me could not entice to rise. Ha, how is that for some shit talking from a non steelhead experienced fly flailer?

As a full time but non benefit employee right now I'm not earning any vacation...so I guess I can take time off as my self generated benefit.

12. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Mumbles,
    Do you posses anything like a large old army tent? Good for say...a chow hall/poker room/place to hang at night? Something big!
    Pancho.

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Buck, admittedly I do not. I can ask around though. I do have a 10x10 canopy with walls that I bought to do outdoor presentations and crap...like at a farmer's market. I have a large family cabin tent with a screen porch, it is probably also 10x10 plus the screened area. There have to be some of the "Cast and Blast" crowd that have a huge tent like an old Temper Tent.

Who else out there has such a sheltering/partying device?

14. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I have a big shelter, just to damn big to tow along. I never bring it, since it's not really that portable. The poles alone fill up the bed of my pickup. Think my buddy still has it, he's using it at his house still. Borrowed it for his yearly halloween party. I do have my 10'x20' tent. Just has screen sides. But it too takes up room, just not as much as the other tent. Wouldn't be hard to put a wrap around it. But other buddy has that one too. LOL.

If I go, I'll probably put my Alaskan on and camp out of that. Wouldn't be hard to put tarps up and make a makeshift area. How I normally setup my basecamps at Oxbow campground. Usually have my big tarps and set them up first, then when I'd put up a tent I'd find the high spot under it and put it there.

I do have 2 10'x10' ez ups. Use it for the camp cooking thing. No walls on them though.

15. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Jerry, I'm really hoping you can make it because I'd like to get some camp cooking secrets from you. Also, I could bring my buddy's (gas) smoker and we could do a brisket/chicken or even salmon in it. It would be pretty easy. But like you I have to see how the whole timing thing works out. Not sure if it's in the cards. Either way, if it poured down like mad and there wasn't a community tent of some, kind that would really segregate everyone.