Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Weekend Suggestions?

761 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  luv2fly2 
#1 ·
I have to make a drive south to Orvis and would like to wet a line somewhere...any suggestions? I have been gone for two weeks and have not a clue as to what the rivers are doing?

I am driving South from Bellingham.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

#2 ·
Too early to tell I suspect. The river levels will be entirely dependent upon the rain and snowlevel for this weekend. Someone else may be able to make a better call but I think you're going to have to wait to see what Saturday or Sunday brings before selecting a river.

As for lakes, Pass should improve a little with the rising temps. With Pass Lake though, you never know for sure.

Pete

#5 ·
I wouldn't completely give up on the rivers. With the cloud cover and chance of a little rain, the crowds are less and I've always had more success fishing for steelhead on cloudy days. (Probably the patterns I use). Just watch the river levels on the USGS site. You have a number of rivers to choose from within an hour. If the rivers are blown, you can always hit Pass Lake.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.