Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Welcome / Introductions

115K views 285 replies 259 participants last post by  Ron McNeal 
#1 ·
There are quite a few new members registering daily now and many that have not posted yet. Take a second to introduce yourself here.

Fyi - This thread is for intro's only. Keep the chatter offline or on another thread.

Thanks,

Chris

#127 ·
I have been lurking around here for a few days now and thought I would go ahead and come out of the shadows. I have been fly fishing for about 20 years now and the addiction continues. I do a lot of fishing in Idaho but in between trips I like to hit the small streams on the westside of the Cascades. Looking forward to gleaning info. Thanks!

#128 ·
New to this forum:

Born on the east coast, fish maryland and PA C&R streams.
Lived in Vail CO, fish out west as much as I can. Father of 2 that hate when I go fishing.

Fishing in PA and MD is tough, I mean the fish come up just to see if it is the same guy that threw some junk at them a few minutes ago. Then back to the bottom. Sneaking up on the fish just makes them suspicious, and they lay low. You get so frustrated that you feel like tossing a throw net at em.

It'll be good to get out west again, heading back to Rock Creek, mid august, maybe again late september/oct.

#129 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been 'stalking' the site for nearly 1 year and no excuses really for not joining sooner, anyway thanks to all the posters for great info, some complete nonsense and more than few good laughs (Mingo springs to mind, his pneumatic avatar always seem to catch my eye too :) Anyway I'm Scottish, based in Ballard, Seattle and with 2 wee kids so mostly all I can do is dream of getting out. I'm into SRCs and salmon, I'm trying for steelhead but with my current family situation it's been tough to find the time, still the wife got me a TFO 12.6 ft spey for my B'day so there's hope. Anyway, thanks again to all the posters and if you bump into a 6'4'' Scotsman in the Sound, or the Sky/Sauk or Skagit, it's probably me.

Cheers,

Dave

#130 ·
Hello Folks

Great site. I have been lurking for a while, but joined up recently. I have been flyfishing for about 5 years, fishing for about 40. I grew up in Idaho, about 60 miles from the Bigwood River and Silver Creek. My "home waters" would be Warm Springs Creek, in Ketchum Idaho. Or it was for the last 35 years. My family just sold the place there that my grandfather built, so I am a bit adrift without these home waters. Have done a bit of flyfishing in WA in the last few years (moved here in 93) and have recently been trying to buy some property in the Methow valley... looking forward to the Twisp and Methow Rivers.

Anyway, there is an introduction. Now that that is done, back to the lurking and reading.

Bake

#131 ·
Just Registered Today 7-25-2006 And Will Be Moving To Washington Late November From Truckee, Ca. Until Then I Am Making Regular Trips To Puyallup And Vancouver, Wa. I Am Taking A Trip To Mt. Rainier Labor Day Weekend And Wanted To Know If Anyone Has Any Tips On Fishing The Ohanapecosh, I Been Told Its A Tricky Stream To Fish. Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong, But A Washington State Fishing License Is Not Needed In The National Park.
For Those Of You Who Respond, I Thank You In Advance.

#132 ·
Newbie from the SouthEast

A friend of mine told me about this forum and once I visited it I just had to join, this forum rocks ! We have a forum we go on called the NGTO here in Georgia, its become too much BS and not enough flyfishing, so I ventured out and here I am. I have been flyfishing since 2002 and love it, I love it so much I moved to the Blueridge mtns in North Georgia, bought a river front home and started up my own Trophy Trout club called Mossys Trophy Trout , 31 members strong and we are catching 18 - 34 inch rainbows on average, I also started up a Flyfishing guide service here in the area, have over 6 private waters to guide on as well as I guide quail & pheasant too. So look for me here and I will post pictures of the rainbows, browns & brookies for your viewing pleasure..

Attached is a picture of a male rainbow I caught back in decemeber 2005, caught him on a ultra light due to the 5 weight was in the truck.
He weighed 6 1/2 lbs and measured 23 1/2 inches long.

The other guy with the big smile is a trout club member holding up a nice rainbow he caught right in front of my house.

#133 ·
Hey there,

I just finally started more fly fishing and finally decided to register and say Hi. I live in Fall City and am going to be fishing at random times mostly for trout as I don't have a setup for stillies.

I've had a basic rod/reel for a while now, but finally plunked some money down on waders & boots so i can truly get wet. I plan on mostly fishing Snoq and some of the upper forks for now. My cast is a little less then fair but plan on practicing more and more.

Cheers,
Mike

#136 ·
Hi everyone! I stumbled across this site and was happy to find a site dedicated to flyfishing in Washington. I've lived all over the country, but learned to flyfish with my grandpa on the Bitteroot in Montana, and later on the many rivers and streams in Colorado.

These days I'm lucky to get out fishing once a year or so since I'm also a stay-at-home dad with a couple of munchkins. So instead, I live vicariously through my weekly comic strip Fish Tales that I write and draw that appears on my own website, as well as other fishing websites.

Having learned most of my fishing skills in Colorado, I've found that flyfishing in Washington is a whole different ballgame, and I hope to learn from some of you local experts.

#138 ·
I guess I better say "Hi"
I am just starting out with fly fishing. A buddy got me interested and we are taking a fly fishing class together in a couple of weeks. I have learned a lot just reading this group and seaching the posts. I live in Issaquah and plan on doing lots of fishing on the forks of Snoqualmie river. I am most interested in fishing creeks and small rivers for trout.

Jeff

#139 ·
Im a new one too. Just bought me a fly pole and was hoping for a couple tips to get started. Im in Marysville and work for the Govt. From central Cali where the big bass roam. Im a bass fisher at heart, but I love to get out and get some trout, crappie, bluegill, anything else really. See you on the fishing grounds

#140 ·
Hello from North Bend.

I joined up today. I fish the S. Fork of the Snoqualmie a lot. It's a stone's throw from my place. My fishing partner is my 10 year old son Ethan. He's been fly fishing for about 3 seasons and is great fun to watch.

If you see a kid with a Red Sox cap and his dad, that's us!

Hatchetjack-

#145 ·
ok so i have belonged to this sight for a little while, but never formally introduced myself. my name is mark and i spend my time in kitsap and mason co. i live in e. bremerton and have a family vac. home in tahuya. i really enjoy reading all the posts and all the collective knowledge. so hello everbody!!!

#146 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Sam and I recently moved to Seattle from Michigan. I have been fishing trout in Michigan for the past 12 years and love the lake run Steelhead we have there. I have no idea about the lay of the land here and i am very curious so any tips will help. Can't wait to start hookin up again.

Tight lines

Sam Soule

#147 ·
:) Hi all - was just doing some browsing looking for a fly tying forum. Have been fly fishing now for about 16 years. Just got into tying this past week. Apparently one can never know too much about this activity. Really can't do too much FF here in SOCAL. Sure miss all those lovely rivers that you have in WA. Use to live in Woodinville. You all have a very nice site here. Hope that I can pick up some good tips as well as some constructive critique.

#148 ·
Greetings,

I have been on this site for a couple months now. I started fly fishing in Idaho in 1968, started flyfishing for steelhead in earnest on the Green, pre Green River Killer. Caught my first steelhead on a fly on the Green about 2 mi. above Soos Creek. I have since caught Tarpon at Homosassa in the Gulf, thrown flies at Belize tarpon, caught some Belize bonefish.

I have been away from flyfishing for a while, getting back into it. I am not a youngster, but it is fun re-learning the far and fine. This fall I will be hitting the Grande Ronde, the Methow if it opens, the Stamp for my first time on Vancouver Island, and perhaps the Wenatchee if it opens.

Hope to see you on the river. I am 6'7" tall, gray hair. If you see me, say Hi.

Andy

#150 ·
Greetings,

My name is Alexander. I used to live in WA and been around a bit, TX, CO and now MT. I'm married and my wife's native to WA (born in Everett). Been registered here for a while but never post much since I haven't been back for a while and do most of my fishing in the Rocky Mountain area.

#151 ·
Hello everybody! I am new to this forum. My name is David Fishman, (hence Reel Fishman)... I have flyfished on and off, mostly off, for a few years. Lately I have been fishing more than ever, bout once a week. I like fishing for most cold water fish's, (trout, salmon). I find flyfishing very therapeutic, (you know calms the anxiety, I have two teens). I still haven't cought that elusive steelhead yet. Actually I haven't cought a salmon either! Good thing is, I am still anticipating that very first fight, and I am still as motivated as ever. I hope by joining this forum and reading all your success stories, I might join the club.

I am a part time humorous writer and have written short stories regarding fishing. It's amazing what you can write about when your not catching anything! LOL. Anyway.................

It will be nice to meet all of you,

David.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.