Wenatchee State Park area?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jason Hoffman, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Chris Selvar

Chris Selvar Active Member

Tried hitting the little wenatchee this morning, the have the road closed just past the sand and gravel pit. Still hasn't been cleaned up from the snow storm this winter. I doubt it will open this year, and it would be loooong walk to legal fishing (above the 6700 bridge) I bet it will provide for some good fishing in the years to come. Although I didn't get a chance to fish I did do some bear scouting, saw 2. This years bear season looks promising. Off to try the upper icicle now

2. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Selvar, I hope you had fun but mostly I hope you are safe. It's been thundering and pouring on and off all day at my house and I just got an emergency alert on my phone warning of flash floods on the upper Icicle and tribs. I thought of your post this morning saying you were headed up there and I hope all is well.

3. Chris Selvar

Chris Selvar Active Member

Yeah I got out of there when that came along... I fished from 10ish to about 12. Caught probably 12-15 smaller bows. All in the 6-10 inch range, great coloring though, I have pictures to post later

Freestone likes this.
  4. EHB86

EHB86 Member

Regarding the road up the Little Wenatchee, they're putting a imber sale together to clean the road and rest of that area up and my understanding is they're hoping for the end of July. We'll see.