west side CARP

flytyerboy95

Future fly fishing guide
i happen to REALY badly want to catch a CARP:beathead:
i have heard there are large amounts in lake washington:confused: but if there was some smaller lakes that have them or places like that i would love to know. and if not public just pm me i dout i will fish it much at all
soo pretty much the question is : are there any westside carp spots?????????
THANKS A TON FOR ANY LEADS OR SPOTS:thumb:
FTB95

F

FLYRODR

Greenlake in the bowels of Seattle's been good to me... west shoreline, Aurora side. lot's of pads and carp flopping.

flytyerboy95

Future fly fishing guide
haha i wish. the answer(mom) "what are you kidding me thats dangerous"
sadly not a option. this is the exact reason i cant wait to drive :)

Ed Call

Bike, skate, scooter or vans? You sound motivated, what the heck is the absence of a ride for an obstacle for a motivated young angler? Nothing, that's what. Get on some carp action then and give us a report. Maybe you get successful and someone will pass by the crib and let you roll with them.

flytyerboy95

Future fly fishing guide
mumbles my man i live in monroe.thats about 45-50 minutes away from seattlle. and i cant find any carp water closer soooooo im out of luck
my dad doesnt really want to fish for them either so he wont take me to carp spots :(
ill figure it out :)
FTB95

Ed Call

No fishing friends with wheels? Man, I though at my early retired age I was sad not having any friends to hang with...you gotta get out man!

flytyerboy95

Future fly fishing guide
YEEEHAAAAAAWWWWW good news my dad said he will take me down there and we can try for carp.YES YES YES. ok now we need to talk flys people what has been working and what hasn't
i thinking some thing crawdadish or nymphy will try and tie some craws in sutle colors and some rubber leg hares ears. thanks for any help guys
FTB95

We have talked about "carping" for years, just never did it. I once watched my cousin battle one on a fly rod insisting all the while it was a large brown. Well, it was large and it was brown.

Jake Bannon

nymphs for steelhead....
You know FTB, theres an entire thread on patterns just for carp in the tying section in the patterns forum......may just help you.

Jake