Westport - steelhead trailer

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Chromer, Sep 5, 2007.

1. sashjo

sashjo Member

So the take home is never mention the G word on a flyfishing board.

2. Chromer

Chromer Defeat terrorism

Atlas seems to be the only one enlightened by the post. Since I offended most people by using the G word, I will remember to use NFR or post in "The Salt" section of this forum next time.

3. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Chromer, hang tough my friend. It's defintely interesting, I just don't know what to make of it.

4. BFK

BFK Member

Yeah, it's just terrible when one backslides, especially when the fish on the barbie is sizzling...

I caught a steelhead two years ago on a spoon off a downrigger 50 feet down, if memory serves. Caught it searching for silvers north of Lagoon Point well away from shore.

5. PT

PT Physhicist

They say if you have to explain a joke, well...

I was just poking fun at the peanut gallery because I knew as soon as you said you were fishing terminal gear that you might just get (insert firing squad gremlin here).:thumb:

6. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Good fish stories are good fish stories!
    I'm a hardcore fly rodder but I like the interesting story about a steel sighting far out in the ocean.
    Elephant seals in the sound, Humbolt squids, all good stories. Keep'em coming.
    As for the urban elitist fly fishers, I like their stories also.

7. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

I recall as a kid lots of jacks chasing hooked fish to the boat at Jefferson head. Always fun to see what shows up. Never saw a steelie though.

And...life is to short to worry about opinions on how you fish. If you legal and enjoying it, rock on :)

Oh yeah, and I usually wear armpit stained t-shirts, cuss profusely and swing eveything from St. Croix to Orvis.

8. Surf_Candy

Surf_Candy Member

key word in the sentence is 'caught'...a nice thing to have happen between flogging fishless beaches. One can only enjoy casting so much.

I've been using gear this summer in boats - I admit I was apprehensive at first and even considered using my fly rod on the downrigger.

All feelings of cheating on my fly fishing love went out the window when the first of many large kings were netted and set free. I did stay away from herring though....and used my own flies behind the flasher - have to set limits!

There, I feel better now. As you were.