WFF is hosting a party with the Angling Exploration Group Nov 11th -14th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Chris Scoones, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Lake 22 is on the Mountain Loop hiway but it is on the S/F Stilly.And as it is the Mountain Loop hiway is closed due to too many slides on the S/F Sauk. It is closed from Bedal Creek to the Bridge over the S/F just down from Barlow pass.

Jim

2. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    The lower D also has some killer lake fishing nearby. I will call a friend to get the locations, but i know there are some highdesert lakes that hold hogs. Ryan, good on ya for not holding it on the methow, i thought that might be a little small. Um, there are some other spots around there that have good trout fishing in small tribs. I have a guide friend who has grown up and fished on the river for 26 years, im sure he will be willing to give us some tips, maybe i can email him and post what he says here. When you say lower D, are u talking about like Mac's Canyon or maupin or near the lock gate or what? BTW, hardly anyone fishes the river on november, plus the steelies will be in, and the trouting is still pretty fair on nymphs fished deep or midges in the back eddies. This is certainly a river for you spey guys aswell. BTW, ryan is there an age limit? I better stay outta the beer, but i would love to come for the video realese among other things. Dont forget the Metolouis, spring creek so the water should be good. The D is also a
    "spring creek", although i dont think it has many characteristics of one by the time it gets to the lower parts.

Peace,
    Andy

Peace,
    Andy

3. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Re: the Skagit- All the tribs excluding the Sauk mainstem, but including the Cascade above the first bridge, the Suiattle, all the upriver creeks (Bacon, Damnation, etc) ... All close Oct 31.

4. Porter

Porter Active Member

Ouch for Marblemount.....

5. topflight121

topflight121 Josh Pearson

Game on

That sounds like a hell of an idea. It will be great to see everyone again, and hopefully catch a few.

And for those that like a good cigar, don't worry, the humidor is getting filled up.

cheers

josh :beer1:

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Nailknot

I don't know if I'm reading you right. But the Cascade is open above the bridge until the 28th of Feb. 2005 :ray1:

7. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

You're right Jim, Cascade is open for trout and steelhead above the bridge. It's a relatively small river though.

All other tribs, except for the Sauk mainstem, are closed Oct 31.

8. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Home Page:
    Pack it Up and Lets Head to Oregon!!

My vote is on the Deschutes and agree with Zen, there is a ton of river to fish, people can mountain bike up the rail road tracks, float down the river, hike into lakes etc...

Just my opinion and I know it may be too far to go for some guys but I sure would like to make the trip. I will be at the party regardless but vote for oregon!!

Mike

9. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

That makes sense. Should I change the sites name now? OR FF'ing? No, make it within WA.

What about pushing it up to Oct 21-24 and having it on the Cascade / Suak / Stilly?

10. East Fork

East Fork Active Member

I vote for the Deschutes :)

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Good idea

I like that idea. Lots of places to fish in that area then. Even a few secret places. Just be sure to bring something to float in or on. Besides if it was held in Oregon most would need a Oregon license to fish there and I like to keep it as cheap as possible.

Jim...........the penny pincher...Old man

12. East Fork

East Fork Active Member

Oregon license

The cost of an Oregon nonresident license (including the salmon and steelhead tags) runs $33 for a 3 day license and $43.50 for a 4 day licence.

13. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Home Page:
    OR, WA, ID I don't care I just want to go where the fishing is good and if the event is held in Nov up in the Skagit area it just seems there are limited fishing opportunities. I would rather head back to the OP in November.

If this is in WA I say push it up to Oct and do it in the Skagit area, Nailknot I am riding in your boat or you are directing me behind the sticks on mine while we row the Sauk ;-)

Hell I am just showing up for the party anyways I really don't care where it is :) just a good excuse to get away from the lady :beer2:

Tight Lines,

Mike

14. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Chris has a point, this is a Washington FlyFishing website, so our little shindig should be in Washington (wet side preferably).

Will most likely go no matter what but the closer it is the more time on the water I can spend. :beer2:

15. Curtis

Curtis New Member

I will go as long as it is in November! Washington would be my preference also.