WFF Oly Pen Trip is Feb 18 and 19

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by James Mello, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    Dont forget heavy tie down ropes and stakes for those tarps!

Bring your own roll of toilet paper too.

A little extra food will help support a community meal.

If everyone brought a few, or more, pieces of firewod along it would add up to a decent supply for the weekend.

Bring garbage bags and a yard rake and plan on taking your garbage home with you. Or at the very least we leave the place neat.

The Forks Thriftway market is a great place for supplies; deli, latte stand, full supermarket with beer and wine, great hardware dept, nice outdoors, camping and work clothing department, and a huge sporting goods and fishing department,(with the best price on Maxima!). :thumb:

2. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Home Page:
    Just picked up a nice bottle of scotch for warming the spirits, and hopefully celebrating a few tight lines.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. Will Atlas

Will Atlas Guest

man you guys are rolling deep...wont be any steelhead on the Peninsula when you guys get through with it.:) Hopefully the Calawah will have washed the slide through by then eh?
    Willy

4. FLUFISKE37

FLUFISKE37 New Member

Hello, ff mates!!
    What time do we all meet at the oxbow campground on friday also do u have directions to get there? I work at nights but am off from Friday morning til Sunday night. For the trip shall I bring my 6 wt along with my 8 wt? Tight Lines!!

5. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Yeah, no problem, James.

And if Salmo is bringing some chili and James can get a stove, I'll try to get a few dozen sausages. The reaction from that will measure on the Reichtar (sp?/)scale.

6. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Dudes,

Hate to do this. My daughter has an awards dinner to attend on that Friday. Seems her little project went to district and she has been invited. She wants me there. I can not turn her down. Sorry.

7. John Hicks

Home Page:
    Flufskie,

James and I will be there all week. If you came down anytime friday you could find us hangin' around. We are planning on doing a little fishing that morning but setting up is top priority that afternoon. Bring whatever rods you want. Between James and I we should have 4 or five rods ourselves out there.

8. Davy

Davy Active Member

atleast one is thinking of the important stuff:thumb:

9. John Hicks

Home Page:

Of course. A fifth of Ardbeg 10year to warm those cold toes. I don't know if you have ever had it but it is some really smokey peaty stuff.

10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Well-Known Member

Matt,

So you should go to the dinner with your daughter on Friday night. Maybe you could still get away to fish part of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (holiday).

Flufiske37,

Leave the 6 wt home if you intend to fish for steelhead. The 6 wt. will be fine if you plan to fish for whitefish. Oxbow campground is right off Hwy 101 almost immediately north of the Hoh River bridge. It's a lot easier to find than a good spot to fish, and there are many of those.

For clarity's sake, which evening is the "big" dinner? Friday or Saturday? or both?

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

11. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:

Sounds like you have your priorities straight Matt; you can go fishing .anytime. But your little girl will only be a little girl for a little while. And if you go to her evening awards dinner, instead of fishing for the day, you will both have that memory for a lifetime. :thumb:

12. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

I could do either or both, it would be best to do it when the most people can make it. If everyone is going to be there friday, it might be nice to have some grub so people don't have to worry about it while setting up tents, tarps, ect.

13. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Saturday evening is probably the best for a big dinner, unless a bunch of guys are taking Friday off. I'm going to take Friday off, but I'm sure a lot of guys will roll in late Friday, after work or fishing somewhere for the day.

Can't wait for this, three solid days of chasing steel! Hopefully the weather will cooperate, it's looking pretty good at this point with the 10 day forcast for Forks!

Btw, is there a better place to look for weather / river conditions on the OP?

Bill

14. John Hicks

Home Page:
    here is my go to fly for the O.P. event.

15. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Niiiiccceeee.... I don't think I'm going to tie anything John... Mind if I mooch?

;)