What are you working on now??

Here's what's coming off the vise lately , though mostly for swingin' to GL's steelhead , I think they should work for smallmouth , walleye and pike in the rivers that I swing a two-hander .

Mike

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
gr8lakes, what are you useing for your stinger line? Is it naturally rigid and rides straigh, or are you coating it with something to stiffen it up?

I'm working on shrimp that look fairly realistic and have fishable materials that don't fold or foul... here's my latest couple I'll be trying out tomorrow, a little guy for krill (tmc2457 size 12) and a bigger one maybe coonstripe or similar (tmc2457 size 6).

Attachments

gr8lakes, what are you useing for your stinger line? Is it naturally rigid and rides straigh, or are you coating it with something to stiffen it up?
I use #50 PowerPro braid . I talked about this material in another thread here . It's not coated , but au-naturel , right off the spool . 350yds for $8 or $10 , cheaper than Fireline , stiffer and the same diameter as #30 Fireline . I use the #50 because in some of the rivers I swing for smallmouth and walleye , I find good size pike and musky . I'm working on another style wadd that incorporates a different method of hook attachment . I'll post pics when I'm done .

Here's a pic of a similar wadd that enticed my largest walleye (L= 34" , G= 20-1/2") on a two-hander :

My 12 yr old daughter showed her daddy how quickly she can pick up the spey rod and become da'Queen of musky last year with this next wadd :

All I could do that day was get smallies .... she went 7 for 8 with muskies ranging from 27" to her 46" mammoth !! I had to carry her backpack back to the truck ..... I was very proud to do so !!!

Mike

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
Awsome for you both!!
last question...
How do you go about lashing it on? Iv'e heard various ideas on this, but have no experience with them- Do you lash, then go back through the eye, and lash again, or just one time, not through the eye?:confused:

Awsome for you both!!
last question...
How do you go about lashing it on? Iv'e heard various ideas on this, but have no experience with them- Do you lash, then go back through the eye, and lash again, or just one time, not through the eye?:confused:
I make a loop with the PowerPro , push it up through the rear loop .... so it's pointing up as the front loop "eye" , leaving about 1" . I secure the two tag ends along the shank about a 1/4'' .... then stop !! Place the two tag ends through the front loop , pull tight in a downward motion to force the tags through the shank to about 3/4's up the shank..... stop !! Continue to lash the tags with tying thread creating an even base , no spaces . I use a flat nylon thread by Gudebrod . Thickness of 10/0 , strong like bull !!! Bring the thread up to where the tags are through the shank . Now fold over the tags towards the rear eye and double back the thread . Tie off , super glue it . I know it's over-kill but it has not failed yet . Steelies to 15lbs and big Monster Muskies have tried with no avail !!

The loop is to swap out trailer hooks , in case of damage or to change up the trailer ..... undressed , dressed with feathers , wool/yarn , colour , etc .... Kind of like a convertible type fly .

Hope that helped !!

Mike

They are called kilowatts, I like the look of them and you can come up with any color combination that you want. I have to start tying those MOALs. I am new to the board but, enjoy it so far. Let me know what you think of these flies

Attachments