What beaches are good right now?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by hank_12, May 10, 2009.

1. hank_12

hank_12 New Member

I was just wondering what beaches have been good lately and what patterns have been working for cutts?

2. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

good luck..

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Hank, there are a lot of recent reports here from those that know what they are doing. I've followed some of those threads' advice and found some success. Skim through the threads here in the salt forum or click on the search feature here. Good luck.

4. Porter

Porter Active Member

iagree search function

5. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Hank 12:

iagree with D3Smart, Porter, and Mumbles.

However, here are a couple of locations where fishing for sea-run cutthroat and resident coho has been excellent for the last 1 1/2 months. The locations are: (1) Pink House Pt.( a house under construction had pink energy wrap around it until brown siding was put on), (2) For Sale Pt.(a Windermire for sale sign was posted in front of a house until it sold), and (3) Yellow Sign beach(a yellow no trespassing sign was post on a tree until it fell over);). To find these locations you will either: (1) have to bribe(big bucks) myself or my fishing buddies to get the locations to the code names or (2) have access to a reverse time machine so that you can cruise the Puget Sound shoreline looking for a pink energy wrapped house, Windermire for sale sign, or a yellow no trespassing sign:rolleyes:. Good luck!

Roger

6. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Roger, you dirty dog:) even i thought i was gonna get some goods outta your post!
    youve been taught well..

7. Steve Rohrbach

Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

Roger, your secrets are safe with me. Don't ever give up For Sale.

8. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Bhubba:

You are right since I am an old tight-lipped "fud" whose gums will be freely flapping about highly secret fishing locations when I am on my death bed.

Steve:

So, when my wife gives you an urgent phone call, make sure you get there ASAP.

Roger

9. Glenn Kramer

Glenn Kramer New Member

Hank,

A good question worthy of a proper answer. No secrets here, secrets are for sissies. I am not certain where you live, but I mostly fish for SRC and rez Coho on the west side of the sound. Here are a few tips with recent reports:

1) Bainbridge Island: South end has been very good for me in the last week. Mostly at the southern entrance to Rich Passage on the Bainbridge side. Especially when the tide is rolling strongly, lots of fish going by here. About 0.5 miles south of the American Gold Seafoods fish farm. I picked up a mixed bag there are last Friday. 7 SRC and 11 Coho. Coho were small, 12-20". All fish on Miyawaki popper. My home is on the waterfront here and have also done well on Chinook here later, mostly 7/15 thru 9/1. You'll need to fish deep here on the tide change.

2) Hood Canal: Thorndyke Bay, west side on Canal, south of Hood Canal bridge, you can Google this. Bridge has been closed since 5/1. I accessed this yeaterday with my boat, just awesome fishing here, again Miyawaki Popper.

3) North Kitsap: Kitsap Memorial State Park. Follow trail down to beach, turn right, small stream there, fish the outlet, very good on the ebb when it is strong. Chum Baby fly produced very well for me here.

Best of luck to you & good fishing. PM for more info. I'm an old guy and enjoy sharing information. I suppose that's what a fly fishing forum is designed to do! GK

10. hendersonbaylocal

hendersonbaylocal Member

Hank... where are you located? There are lots of good beaches all over the place

11. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

Kudos to all the tight lippers, but..

The coho move around a lot, both from day to day, and with tidal changes. The issue around here is access really, The beaches guys fish are the ones we're ALLOWED on, so your nearest park is your starting point. Places like Doc's at the Narrows are classics, fish come and go. So you drive by, look for signs, like other anglers or fish, and have at 'em. A good map is a better guide than most of us comedians.

I'd recommend reading through the recent posts on the search function, and pick a location that appeals to you.

12. Hooker

Hooker Banned or Parked

RF- you are an idiot. Posting locations for the entire world to see is about as stupid as you can get.

Hank- There are plenty of people on here that will likely help you in your quest to find some good beach fishing, but it is a 2 way street. You have thus offered nothing to the board yet you want to take away very valuable information. Information that should be shared only in PMs if at all. stick around awhile and i'm sure you'll find plenty of good info, but to ask for it in your first 2 posts is a little out of line.

13. Glenn Kramer

Glenn Kramer New Member

Hooker, I just can't wait to meet you at one of those locations Thanks for the compliments! By the way, if you are fishing the south end of BI, stop in for a cocktail. I'll list a few more spots later today.

No one owns the salt!

14. atdwash

atdwash New Member

Nice. I suppose you think that Memorial Park will now be overrun with fisherman. It'll be combat--shoulder to shoulder--the fishery will be ruined.

You need to take a freaking step back and get some perspective on what we are doing here. We are on a post talking about fly-fishing. Specifically we are talking about fly-fishing a body of water with thousands of miles of shoreline where the fish are more or less constantly on the move. Relax a little.

15. Glenn Kramer

Glenn Kramer New Member

ATDWASH, great comment. I can see it now. We'll be packing weapons. Headline:
    "SRC Flyfisherman Murdered In Cold Blood During Back Cast"

Oh geez! Be careful! RF