What brand bobber to balance my death star?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by golfman44, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

heauxmeaux...

Porter likes this.
  2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

We have a new wading thong king, and it ain't Jeremy Bobo-Boom Floyd!

Porter and bennysbuddy like this.
  3. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

4. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

once a bobber watcher always a bobber watcher, your can't change your fate in life. Go with what makes you happy!!!!!

5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Now thats some casting form I can admire...

6. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Pretty sure a "death star" would deflate these sweet boobers, likely a thingamaboober two, I mean also. That's what death stars do. I'd be afraid to cast an inflated boober with a death star, wouldn't want to damage them!

golfman44 and David Dalan like this.
  7. golfman44

golfman44 5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

Walakes shouldn't be that hard to find. Did you try using Bing search?

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

You can find other sites or stop clicking on threads you don't want to read or be frustrated by. Conscious choices.

golfman44, Irafly and Porter like this.
  9. James Waggoner

James Waggoner Active Member

Ed, though that may be the case, threads such as these, tend to bring the Jack Ass poster to the forefront creating a negative climate for the entire board. Finding insightful and intriguing threads has been a rarity on WFF. I miss the WFF of a few of years back, when Mumbles was racking up post counts asking solid Newbie questions or just interjecting to keep the conversations moving, others freely commented from an array of backgrounds and experience. Yeah they got blasted before too, but not like now...I know I've become a little gun shy to comment, not for fear of being blasted, I just feel what's the use...no one here really wants to learn anything, its all posturing, posing and pretending.

Self promotion has become an American pastime.

Oh well, I'll crawl back into wff obscurity and the posts of yesteryear.

James

10. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

The best stuff ever written about steelhead flyfishing was written many years ago by a long list of great anglers. Steelhead fishing in general is a "doers" game. You can read, talk and draw pictures all you want but it comes down to getting your arse on the river and following a path of self discovery and learning what works for you. By this token it makes it difficult to share on the Internet. Posting reports and even photos is taboo these days and I understand why. About the only subject left that isn't spelled out in a long catalogue of literature is nymphing for steelhead. And it's been proven a thousand times over that a guy can't ask an honest question on the subject without people raking them over the coals and debating whether it is even a technique or not. What remains is typically pure garbage with the occasional brush with humor (typically a cross between a dick joke and a wet fart so "humor" is a term used sparingly).

Internet forums suck.

11. golfman44

I can honestly say that without asking questions here and without learning via this forum that I would not have caught my first steelhead this year. Call me a jack ass if you sleep better, but your premise for doing so is quite off base.

12. Porter

Porter Dancing on Water

Pat Lat put up an interesting post on fly lines (Scandi) with an 8 weight in the SH forum. There is some good stuff being posted, and its easy to maneuver through this forum and get to the meat if you want. No one is making you read these silly and sometimes fun and entertaining threads. I wouldn't quit. Maybe, just take a small break and return when the weather is better and there is more fishing related threads taking place.

Irafly and golfman44 like this.
  13. James Waggoner

James Waggoner Active Member

Off base you say? Wow ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.

You're right, you do represent todays typical poster and if this was "Survivor" I'd been voted off the island long ago.

Post on smart guy...and congrats on the first steelhead on the fly!

golfman44 likes this.
  14. golfman44

Thanks! Was a while ago but still a sweet feeling, I remember it like it was yesterday.

15. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

I actually wasn't responding to you holmes. I didn't even see your post til after I posted.

Take it how you wish tho. I was merely speaking in generalities as to why this forum sucks so bad these days. The same handful of people reply the same nonsense to every thread possible in every sub forum possible. This shit spew cascades into a shit fall that drops into a very deep and bottomless shit pool (anyone watch trailer park boys?) where everyone gets a little bit shitty in the process. Some really great anglers used to frequent this board as well as spey pages and some really great stuff used to float around where an open mind might get to chew on something interesting when he's not on the river. Now threads like this get 14 pages of titty jokes and tough guys.

Puffy and Flat Brim? Was that supposed to sting?