What brand bobber to balance my death star?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by golfman44, Feb 1, 2014.

1. CLO

CLO It's not the fly, you suck.

If this forum sucks don't post in it? If this forum sucks post better content? Or just complain about it.

Irafly, golfman44 and PT like this.
  2. PT

PT Physhicist

I don't see how this can be taken in any way to be offensive. <thumb>

Or, this. <thumb>​

3. golfman44

golfman44 4-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

Stop using so much logic please CLO. Some people just prefer to walk around complaining about shit. The internet happens to be one of the easiest avenues to do that.

4. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

On this board not only do I see the same amount of passion in peoples fishing and questions as in this short little scene, I also see the same level of miscommunication..

5. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

You know having sub-forums for nymphing and swinging in the steelhead forum might be kind of cool. Some folks get real passionate about the topic. I certainly have my opinions.

I'm not sure if anyone would change how they behave, but it would be clearly inappropriate to inject beading comments under the swinging forum, or to make comments on how a fish was caught "not really flyfishing" under a nymphing forum.

I realize not all nymphing includes beads and bobbers.

I personally have learned a ton from this forum over the years. I also notice that (almost without exception) nobody who was active when I joined posts much anymore. Some don't even seem to visit anymore. A bunch of them were young and now doing other things, but I'd hate to have the climate around here drive folks away. Though I have noticed another forum I visited many moons ago has also shrunk quite a bit. Maybe the novelty is wearing off a bit. Whatever.

I still think this is the best forum of those that I visit.

6. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I don't see a need for separate sub-forums for nymph and swing. What we have is just fine, once you develop a BS and idiocy filter to minimize your exposure to poor quality content. If there were nymph and swing sub-forums, it would only be effective if, once you post in one of the sub-forums, you can never post in the other. Otherwise you just double the dosage of swing v. nymph BS.

Sg

Porter and golfman44 like this.
  7. hookedonthefly

hookedonthefly Active Member

Those who know me, know that I don't give a frog's fat ass how you fish...as long as you treat our said finned friends with respect. I've caught more fish on ballyhoo and free drifted sardines with a treble hook and stinger than I'd care to admit; and, I had a great time at that time.

That being said, I'd like to see the same respect we hopefully show our fish, for those here on the forum. Apparently, Jeremy's post of "being helpful to others" or something like that went un-noticed.

I don't mind if I'm banned from posting in the nymph steelhead forum. I just like swinging, waking and skating. The rest is just not where I'm at. Hell, I even wake and skate flies on the Yakima.

As Curt (Smalma) once said, we have a hell of a lot more in common with each other than the loggers of steep slopes.

Boy, the natives are restless these days. Must be the PS river closures and a little cold weather. Flame Away :D!
    Best,
    Ed

David Dalan, Porter and golfman44 like this.
  8. golfman44

golfman44 4-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

Well said

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Mumbles? That Mumbles cat is a real jerk wad. Post poser.

David Dalan likes this.
  10. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Fixed it for you! I believe that this is all we really need.

11. Jeff Sawyer

Jeff Sawyer Active Member

Wow! Some of you guys really need to get laid, go fishing, take a toke, adjust your meds, eat some chocolate or something.

David Dalan and golfman44 like this.
  12. PT

PT Physhicist

If this forum was strictly about how to where to and what to use, there'd be almost no posting. So, this is almost free entertainment for the majority of us. It costs about $19/month for internet access and I look at that as the cost of my seat in the cheap seats. If people don't like it, don't read it.

Swinging-- Get it down, keep it down, and bring it across real slow. Change flies to suit your fishing and accomplish intended swing. Skate, dead drift, or grease line if that's your thing. Change bugs and angles to suit. How you read water is where you need time on the water. Reading about it on the internet won't give you that experience.

Nymphing-- Use your bobber of choice, use weighted flies to get your bug down, or use unweighted whatevers and add the amount of lead to get you there. Add/subtract lead as needed. Adjust leader length to fish the water you're fishing. Change bugs to figure out what they want.

Pretty sure I just covered both the basic version and intermediate/advanced course of both swinging and nymphing.

jwg, Irafly and golfman44 like this.
  13. James Waggoner

James Waggoner Active Member

Let it go PT. Your arrogance and juvenile tough guy demeanor is nauseating. The NW Is full of renown steelhead guides and authors, what they work very hard to do to express years of experience and study in a book or video, you claim you've wrapped up in a single post. Maybe you should put that on a leader wallet.

How's that for entertainment for ya? You can reply with a "like" if you must...if not I'll assume you took this personal.

James

golfman44 and PT like this.
  14. PT

PT Physhicist

JW, I'm not sure how to take that so I think I'll just be offended.

;)

golfman44 likes this.
  15. Adrian

Adrian Active Member

LOUD NOISES!!!

golfman44 likes this.