Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What do you do besides fly fishing?

NFR 
6K views 100 replies 74 participants last post by  wadin' boot 
#1 ·
Toy Plastic Art Electric blue Fun
I paint, teach dance, build models, garden, coach, etc..

Just got done putting the final touches on this miniature.

What do you do?

See less See more
#3 ·
What do I do besides flyfishing?

1 spend time with my son
2 daydream about the perfect day of flyfishing
3 daydream about the Bikini hatch I'll see on the perfect day of flyfishing
4fix the boat
5 Play on motorcycles
6 spend time with family and friends
7 complain about how much I Flyfish
8 work because we all need to make money sometime
9 bitch about work, actually I love my job
10daydream about the bikini hatch I'll see on the perfect day of flyfishing

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Hiking and bike riding more than ever this year as the weather has been fabulous for the past 4 months. Fly fishing was good for me up until June when it was getting too warm for the fish. Hope the drought ends before it's too late for the fish. August I'll be hittin' the salt water for pinks and Coho.

#9 ·
I'm a huge fan of chucking spoons and centerpinning. I can't fish the same way all the time. Just not how I operate.

I brew, though that hobby has taken a backseat lately as I haven't had the time.

I'm also one of those Crossfit people. Though I don't get in to the whole competition thing or all that. I just enjoy working out and whatnots.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Mac computer refurbishing from OS8 to current
Gear fishing on the surf
Planning next trip fly fishing freshwater trip to: WA, MT, ID
Halibut fishing in AK
Skiing - dream location: Whistler / Blackcomb in Canada
Electronics tinkering - point to point wiring
Shooting courses (combat)
Alcohol - any type of quality ethanol :)

#15 ·
I love to golf, in fact I'm going this afternoon. I also love vegetable gardening "you can bury a lot of trouble digging in the dirt". I also love to cook ( I do the majority of the cooking in the house), my wife does the salads. I hike or just walk when I can and ride a bike. I very active in Politics/social justice and I read, and keep an eye on my river.

A friend who works in the same organization just retired 2 moths ago, I saw him last week and he told me he's looking to go back to work, he said " I can stand it, I'm bored". Not gonna' be a problem for me.

Reactions: Irafly
#17 ·
I enjoy spending time with my family, skateboarding (longboard--too old for shorties and parks--I used to snowboard a lot too, but time's too short to dedicate and entire day to that as it cuts into my winter steelheading time), gardening, I also really enjoy playing "frisbee golf" when I go up and visit my folks (my dad and I will pick targets around their property). I used to really enjoy brewing beer but time is limited (I still haven't got around to getting rid of my brewing equipment)--I love drinking it though, I really enjoy just chillin' with good friends, good wine, good food and good beer. I really really love flyfishing though...

Cheers

#18 ·
Nothing, I don't get around very good so I'll ride my ATV when the weather lets me. I mow my yard about every 10 days. After I do that I have to rest because of my yard kicking my ass. My lawn mower is self propelled but I have to walk behind it. But other than that I usually just get in my Truck and head for the hills.
I don't have any hobbies, can't tie flies because I tend to shake a lot on small, tiny objects. I do fish with small flies.

#20 ·
Fly tying
Elk hunting
Deer hunting
Bird hunting from ducks to geese to Pheasants to Quail - it flies it dies!
Coached baseball and fastpitch for 10 years and now just play slowpitch!
Got ride of the golf bug had it for quite a while,
4x4ing
Dog training
Being a outdoorsman
Help people stop drinking and using that want (not need) to stop!
Being a dad

Things I stopped doing=
running rivers - white water
water skiing
snow skiing
mountain biking
golfing
Teaching people to run driftboats
Drugs and alcohol for 26 years and counting!

#89 · (Edited)
Fly tying
Elk hunting
Deer hunting
Bird hunting from ducks to geese to Pheasants to Quail - it flies it dies!
Coached baseball and fastpitch for 10 years and now just play slowpitch!
Got ride of the golf bug had it for quite a while,
4x4ing
Dog training
Being a outdoorsman
Help people stop drinking and using that want (not need) to stop!
Being a dad

Things I stopped doing=
running rivers - white water
water skiing
snow skiing
mountain biking
golfing
Teaching people to run driftboats
Drugs and alcohol for 26 years and counting!
Congratulations on 26 years clean and sober!

#21 ·
My other activities involve:

Spend as much time as possible with my Kids
Gear fish for Bass & Salmon
Work my dog & hunt upland game
Read
Garden & yard
Cook
Tinker & putter
Tie flies
Shoot/work on guns/reload/volunteer at local range
Guitar
Play in my little Jeep
Kayak
WFF

And what I don’t do:

Go to work every day!

#22 ·
I dream about retiring and moving to Montana.....oh wait, I've already done that. We enjoy time with the kids, grandkids, travel a bit, hang out at the local taverns sampling wine and beer and singing a bit (I'm a karaoke master). We cruise the lake on the boat and buzz around on the bike. Basically just enjoying life.

#26 ·
Astronomy, lap swimming, finding the best beer brewed, maintaining a rural property (where I both fish and do Astronomy) and most importantly raising my 7 1/2 daughter.

Reactions: Jeff Dodd
#38 ·
you have 7 1/2 daughters? I don't know why you'd count one of your daughters as a 1/2, but as a dad myself, I would recommend you just say that you have 8 daughters. re: self esteem issues for your "1/2 daughter".

like if i had 2 daughters (which I do) and one was, say, not very smart, i wouldn't say "i have 1 1/2 daughters" - one smart one and one not so smart (said with Borat accent)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.