What do you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by DanielOcean, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Well, I am not always so civil. On another day, I saw 2 guys lifting wild steelhead for pics and video. They kept that wild steelhead on forever in 3' of water while the guy with the camera took a million miles of footage. Then, when they decided to finally land the fish, does the guy in the water go put the camera down and help? No, he stands there as the angler starts backing up the bank to drag the fish up. Let's just say that I didn't keep my mouth shut so at least he stopped short totally beaching it. However, I also called it in when they kept lifting wild fish for photos and videos.

2. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Active Member

Is this for real? If so I will add this to my phone. That really sucks I didnt have that when I saw that because 30 minutes before that I was shooting the breeze with a wildlife enforcement officer about career opportunities.

3. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I'm not so sure you could classify the gnat brain angler as a poacher. It is very possible he did manage to kill the fish with the rough handling but you're not sure that he did. I doubt if an officer would show up just because you watched the guy abuse the bull trout.

This is why I didn't suggest calling the Turn in a Poacher phone number available in most western states.

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Freestone and Nooksack have the right idea and I know Freestone is better looking than I and I bet Nooksack is also. Might have something to do with people skills.:D

5. Steve Unwin

Steve Unwin Active Member

I read it as poaching or violation. I'm not positive if that's the right usage of the hotline, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

6. I would pull my waders down a take shit right there and say hey dude come look at the shape of this thing.

Hopwfully he gets wierded the fuck out

xdog, G-spot4u, Eric Denny and 6 others like this.
  7. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I think your onto something there Kerry, I neverthought that I needed people skills until about the age of forty when I realized I wasn't bullet proof anymore...

8. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Active Member

That made beer come out of my nose you bassturd.

9. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

Shit on command..... impressive.:D

Kyle Smith likes this.
  10. PT

PT Physhicist

"Just because you don't like those things doesn't mean you can't treat them with respect."

11. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I'm wierded out just reading about it !!! I'm wondering how this would help educate people on how to release fish & explains now why I see why people pack guns while fishing. I would question the sanity of somebody that wants me to check out his shit for worms or whatever..

12. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Hey Buddy, that's a slab. I happen to be a photographer for Hawg Quest... how about a picture of you and that bad-boy for a feature story? ;)

10incher likes this.
  13. 10incher

10incher Active Member

The guy should be peeled. Yes, I said peeled. But unless your willing to do the peeling there's probably no headway to made in conversation. You just size them up, decide if you want to fight that day and do what makes sense. Odds are that YOU would be the one in trouble if you started a fight over the matter. Which is just adding insult to getting your a$$ handed to you.

Then again, if no one ever steps up this jackhole will just keep doing things like this. I can't say what I would have done. I wasn't there. I'm pretty sure I would have handled it like you did.

14. You could say u were looking to buy the same ros and ask for a test chucker. Then two hand swing that bitch into the deepest fastest current and take off running

Patrick Allen likes this.
  15. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

LOL.

Then in his rage, he shoves your face in that steamy shit you just took, and gets it all over your fancy DRYFT waders.;)