What do you think?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Panhandle, Feb 20, 2011.

1. 83455

83455 New Member

Fat Man= swinger and lady slayer, never herd of a dude that was so tough on the eyes killin it with the ladies.....well I guess he did have a pretty fat pocket book.

2. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

???

3. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Member

Not sure what constitutes a golden ticket. I guess everyone has their reasons for hiring a guide. For me it's an opportunity to fish w/ someone who is a superior angler and can teach me new techniques, refine existing techniques, and learn something new about a river.

4. flatheadmatt

flatheadmatt Member

I think as long as you are upfront with the guide, most will show you the basic mechanics of the river in question. Of course some prime secret spots would be withheld. Every guide has at least a few aces up his sleeve. I save mine for tough days...and they have saved me many times. Why not state your intentions, if the guide is turned off and refuses, find someone else.

One thing I do not agree with is- I know some guides that have hired the most senior guides on rivers for a day, then returned the next year to work on the same river. That I think is B.S. unless you state your intentions up front.

I think being called a pimp is a compliment.....pimpin AINT easy....

5. troutramp

troutramp Member

Hmmmm moral delima I think I know what a smart guide would do. Especially concerning west coast rivers and sea run fish. If I were the guide and I was posed with this scenario I would book the Local newbie and agree to show him around. And I would do my best to put him on fish. If you come to an understanding with the guide that if I am fishing that spot again I will either give way or give notice. The guide could even use the client in a way having him report his findings when out on his own, thus keeping up on the various locations he may not have time or had the inclination to fish. There would of course be pre requisites to this arrangment.