What else can I do???

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Your new name is "larry-the-dog!":p
Damn. Sure sounds sweet!

I'm leaving soon to check out the Jetty...looks like maybe some rain later. Lingcod opens here next Saturday.
Jury duty snagged me for wednesday... looks to be the only decent weather day coming up all week...hmmm better take my gear, as the courthouse in Monte is halfway to the S Sound and S end of Canal from here.
:thumb:
Ha. Ha. Jim. You sound like an old friend of mine. Are you down in Ilwaco or Westport? I can be a dog sometime!

D3Smartie

They are targeted with similar flies but not the same areas. If you are catching cohos you might happen across a cutt.
they arent mutually exclusive but they arent thick together either in most cases.

Steven Green

Hood Canal Pirate
They are targeted with similar flies but not the same areas. If you are catching cohos you might happen across a cutt.
they arent mutually exclusive but they arent thick together either in most cases.
The same type of beaches where the summer run salmon are? Like a beach with faster water? :hmmm:

I was under the impression that the resident coho fishing is winding down about now.

D3Smartie

not bein a smart ass... but the resis move with the food. They arent like cutts in that you can pattern them to a general location based on past years, but not to a specific spot.
The resis move with the food. so they can be just about anywhere. I have found them usually on big flats or current seams.

Steven Green

Hood Canal Pirate
Rule #1-- "Don't wait for the weather to break!" I rest my case... :ray1:
Have fun standing in the rain. I'd rather wait for a dry day to go for a fish I've never tried to catch before. Otherwise, I would just be sitting in the rain for a couple hours, and that doesn't sound like fun right now.