What flies do you swing for trout?

jjaims

Here is the recipe.
Tail/wing/chin. All ringneck pheasant rump
Body. Ice Dub brushed out. NO wire rib though on my steelhead ones I do
Also about 8-15 raps of lead. Up to you on size. I go .025
Hook. Daiichi 1750. Or any 4x long streamer hook.

For salmon/steelhead I go with an alec Jackson
Thanks those look sweet

Beachmen

no problem. they do work well. I think in total I have about 25 different variations of this pattern as far as colors go. I fish it for about anything. trout, salmon, summer steelhead, carp, bass, perch, the list goes on and on.

RogueBum

Spey casting for Steelies year round
Here is a quarter of a completed box. my wet flies, pixie minnows, and a peeping caddis. How long does it take most to fill a box? I think it is taking me longer than most.. But I feel that I am coming along pretty well in my fly tying career.

View attachment 44773
Wow James. That's an organized box. OCD much? I separate my Skittles by color, line them in rows and make sure all the S's are facing up (and in the right direction) before I eat them. My wife gives me a hard time constantly!

I humbly bow down to a master of obsessive/compulsive practices! ;)

NCL

Here is the recipe.
Tail/wing/chin. All ringneck pheasant rump
Body. Ice Dub brushed out. NO wire rib though on my steelhead ones I do
Also about 8-15 raps of lead. Up to you on size. I go .025
Hook. Daiichi 1750. Or any 4x long streamer hook.

For salmon/steelhead I go with an alec Jackson

That is a very nice looking pattern. I am going to add some of those to my steelhead box

NCL

all of my salmon/steelhead versions are on a alec jackson 2051 sz 7-3

I started tying this pattern using a couple of different colors of Ice Dubbing, I am using a Tiemco 7999 size 8 hook just because I have a bunch. Thank you very much for the pattern I can't wait for September to run a test...LOL

Beachmen

If your up for trout. Go throw them now in olive pheasant with olive Brown ice dub. In size 6-4. They crush. Swing them and strip Them fast. It my number one trout streamer. Personally I have about 30 some variations of it. Also is a killer smallmouth fly.