Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What is WFF.com?

NFR 
2K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  David Dalan 
#1 ·
Do you remember the Seinfeld episode where they were pitching their idea about making a TV show about nothing? i.e. the TV show was about them and the "situation" of the sit-com was "nothing"?

I think that WFF.com forum is not about Washington fly fishing or even fly fishing in general, it is about "WashingtonFlyFishing.com"; i.e. it's a forum about WFF.com members chat more than about WFF or FF. really, it's a mix.

I went thru the first 10 pages of FF Forum (early 2001) and I did not find one title that suggested the thread was SFR or NFR (and I checked some that were potentially SFR or NFR -- and they were FR). Nowadays even FR threads tend to curve and veer off deep into (humorous) NFR territory. The subject often becomes about WFF members more than WFF or FF. i.e. the forum has become what it wants to be.

THAT SAID, I'm having more fun on this forum than I ever have -- it started as a pure FF forum board and has become something unique, even chummy. So in true (WFF brother) Swimmy fashion, I ask the following:

Do you like what the forum has become - a mix of FF and random/humorous stuff - or do you wish for the good old days of more pure FF?

Me: I always see both sides, go for the "all of the above" option - as long as this site remains such a great resource for FF info and discussion, I really enjoy the monkeying around.

You?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.