WHAT TFO Switch Rod should I choose?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by bigtroutchaser, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

+1 on the cork sealer. The rods are better than average but the cork isn't very good. It has a tendency to pit early so I suppose they use a lot of filler in the handles. The components aren't top quality, either but the blanks are nice.

2. Josh

Josh dead in the water

I'll agree with the cork issues. On the other hand, I personally don't notice that stuff too much. Sure, it'd be nice if it was a little better quality. But overall, I don't think about cork too much when I'm fishing. It's more one of those "things you think about when you are looking at a rod in the garage".

golfman44 likes this.
  3. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

agreeing with above, great rods with below average corks. For the D I'd get the 6. Just because of wind. Allows use of a bigger fly/heavier tip too.
    Meiser designed blanks are caster's rods, they don't like mullocking. None of them.

4. bigtroutchaser

bigtroutchaser Member

Appreciate the info much! Next I'll be asking about lines for summer steelies!

5. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

Rage or ambush, you could do a Scandi if you only fish when wind isn't an issue but then you won't be fishing much on the D