Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What's The Clowning?

NFR 
4K views 50 replies 32 participants last post by  lylelovett666 
#1 ·
So, whats up with all the clowns recently? Am I missing something?

See less See more
#6 ·
Well I first heard about it last Friday when a family friend from Ohio told us of their school sending out an email about an incident at the school involving a clown walking the preimeter of the campus....didn't think much of it. Then on King 5 news they had video of a clown walking around in Tacoma, and mentioned other sightings. The google knows all machine on my computer revealed it has been going on for a couple months and in 30 states. Does it have something to do with social anxiety brought on by the upcoming presidential election?

#7 ·
Does it have something to do with social anxiety brought on by the upcoming presidential election?
We have nothing but clowns running for office and clowns running the country and it has been this way for years so I doubt that has anything to do with the recent clown sightings.

#14 · (Edited)
So, whats up with all the clowns recently? Am I missing something?
Yeah, I don't friggen get it either. First it was a fixation with vampires, then zombies, and now clowns? Seriously? The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's some kind of psychological reaction to this circus of an election year. If so, anyone wearing a clown suit in public would be wise to put on body armor first.

#28 ·
This link could brief you fairly quickly...

http://time.com/4518456/scary-clown-sighting-attack-craze/

Sounds like just pranksters trying to scare people. Aren't they walking around with bats and what-not too? Since many people have a genuine fear of clowns, it is working pretty good. I think some of you are right, though. This could end very dangerously for some teenage pranksters if they're clown pranking leads them to someone who doesn't think it's very funny and is prepared to defend themselves.

#31 ·
It's actually not funny. With all of the violence and school shootings that have taken place, people are on edge. Pranks that folks would have laughed off a couple years ago now put kids and parents into a panic. Unfortunately, common sense is a rare commodity these days, so kids and adults see these trends, think they are funny, and jump on the bandwagon. Someone will get hurt; it's only a matter of time.

#33 ·
Heading eastbound out of the Columbia River Gorge a few years ago we passed a large tree farm. It's not the first time we have passed by it, but it was the first time I was a passenger.

Mile after mile, row after row, it's almost hypnotic to look into the rows of trees as you pass them.

I distinctly remember telling my wife, "how freaky would it be to see a clown holding a single balloon in there?!" You would get just a few seconds of sight between the trees.

I happen to hate clowns from being pre-disposed to Stephen Kings "it" at too young of an age. I'm not alone. I don't find this particularly funny:

I have the distinct feeling that the couple of clown related Halloween movies that are coming out are responsible for some of the sightings But, once things get out in the news, other crazy people can kind of run with it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.