where can i go to fish from the bank?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by newflyguy, Sep 3, 2002.

1. newflyguy

newflyguy New Member

I live in Marysville Washington and I'm new to flyfishing and have no waders or float tube and would like to sharpen my skills but need to do it from shore. Any suggestions?

newflyguy

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I might be old---but I'm good.

There's places you can bank fish the S/fork of the Stilly from. There's the park on the river between Granite Falls and Arlington on the Jorden road. The Swinging bridge has an access on the same road. Or you can go above Granite falls on the Mountain loop hiway. After you get past the Blue bridge you have many miles of river to fish. All you need is a good map and are willing to travel and you will find lots of water to fish.

I also live in Marysville. I try to get out as much as I can and with school in session I have 5 days a week to fish.

Jim

3. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Home Page:
    Go to any park where there is a large area of grass. It worked wonders for me! Use a coke can for target practice.

4. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Now's not a bad time to strap on the old Chuck Taylors and do a little wet wading. Local rivers are pretty balmy right now. Also, the sound is pretty balmy if you want to try a little saltwater fishing.

5. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Hmmm,

"Chuck Taylors"...careful not to date yourself :BIGSMILE

I'm old enuf to know what those are but the kids on this site are going :DUNNO

6. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Point well taken. Fortunately, I'm pretty secure about my (advancing) age. :WINK

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I'm older than dirt and for the life of me I don't know what are "Chuck Taylors". :DUNNO

Jim

8. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Remember the sneakers that dudes like Bill Russell, George Mikan, etc. used to play in? Rubber soles, canvas uppers (low or high top option; Russell played in low tops - God only knows how).

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Yes,the ones you can't buy any more. Used to wade that way all the time but now that I'm over the hill I use waders.

JIm

10. pilchuck steelie

pilchuck steelie New Member

try blue stilly park at island crossing, or the stretch of river below the highway 9 bridge in arlington. check with hook, line, and sinker in smokey point, or the fly shop in marysville on 5th st, 1/2 blk east of state st.

11. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

just remember, throw 'em back

try kayak point for silvers and src's. its crowded on weekends, especially when it gets hot so if you can swing it, fish on a weekday. any baitfish imitations should work, or try the stilly if freshwater is your gig. sea-runs now, and the stilly opens oct. 16 for chums, there will also be coho in the river which you will have to release but the chums are a load of fun. lots of options once the salmon start running. good luck!