Where do you keep your pistol while fishing?

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by 05tacoma, Dec 20, 2006.

1. djzaro

djzaro New Member

keep it high and dry! If you slip in the water there is a chance your waist will get wet. If you catch yourself your armpit area will stay dry more often than your waist. There are many options for this location of placement. Just my opinion.

2. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast free bird

I keep a .38 in the chest pocket of my waders. I've tried a Glock in a shoulder holster but there's too much to get in the way (wader straps, vest). The shoulder rig is also harder to conceal to and from the water because I don't always wear a button/zip front shirt or jacket.

3. Sisu

Sisu Banned or Parked

F###ing-A baby...hahahahaha
    In the home land I always had a assault 12 ga in the boat or on the back. Never had to dispatch a bear but I've placed a few buck shot loads between feet and over heads.
    Here in the Lower 48 we always carry a shoulder holster that is concealed. Too many meth maggots and other idiots out there for my taste. I'll tell ya the weirdest moment I've ever had was on the North Fork of the Snoqualmie about 5 years ago. I was way the fuck up stream no one in sight no cars, trucks, 4 wheelers etc. Out of the woods walks two young men in street shoes, khakis, and stylish leather jackets! WTF is that all about. They wandered up the stream to a shallow crossing and ventured to my side of the river climbed the bank and started walking down the road. Not a word said to me and I none to them. Made my skin crawl. Needless to say I was highly weirded out.

4. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Sisu - does the topic of guns and dropping the F bomb make you feel more macho or something??

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Wear it out in the open when on dry land or buy stainless and keep it out in the open when you wade.
    Bears and meth maggots get shot first, questions later. S.S.& S.
    But like the story of the guys in street cloths, in the middle of no where. Would weird me out also.
    I don't carry while I'm fishing but we have rattlers around here on the East side.

6. nativewiggler

nativewiggler Casting in the wind...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, I have to agree with several on here...

If your fishing - what the heck are you doing with a gun???

Unless your in the South with a unusual affection for your weapon and tend to blow things up for sport - I just don't see casting a gun as working the same as a rod....

Kinda defeats that peaceful feeling that comes along with listening to the babbling water and trying to outsmart the fish...:thumb:

7. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Bears, cougars, Methheads.

8. nativewiggler

Wow! You must fish in some really dangerous places...

Guess I am more green than I thought or I am in much more peaceful surroundings...

Hope I don't need a gun when I am out fly fishing... Then again, maybe I will have a big strong man around to protect me... Then again, he may high-tale it the other way and leave me on my own! :p

9. TheShadKing

TheShadKing Will Fish For Food

Yeah, but at least they _had_ clothes on, unlike the ones we ran into on the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie, which possibly wouldn't have been weird except it was late October, 40 degrees and raining.

10. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

It's not really that dangerous, just enough that going it alone can be unnerving.

11. nativewiggler

I go hiking where I am now and have to be careful of bobcats, cougar, and coyotes if I am on the right trails...

I have not had to deal with the bear yet though...

Wow! Definitely want a buddy to go along... I'm quick on my feet, but I don't want to try outrunning something for sure or getting my blonde self into an area where I know nothing on my own...

Haven't shot a gun in years though... I am more a bow gal... Kinda goes along with being native... Yes, I am Indian but I am also Irish...

12. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Blonde, Native, Irish, sounds more like a painted pony to me...:clown:

So what color coat do you have...:confused:

13. nativewiggler

LOL!!!

I have been referred to as a "half-breed" in the area I am which is not a good thing...

My great grandfather was a Cheyenne Indian Chief but my grandfather met and fell for a redhaired lass from Ireland which caused him to be shunned by the tribe...

My family is either black hair and native features or the fair haired and Irish features...

I came out with the ability to tan very well but the fair blonde hair... I have been told I have the native features though but consider myself a "mutt" - nothing better imho....

Never been thought of as a painted pony! Cool!

14. dominic7471

dominic7471 Member

HAHA... your a bow girl, so instead od carrying a .44 magnum or a glock .40 then just grab a recurve or a longbow and hit the trails!

15. nativewiggler

Now your talking!!! Good idea...