Where the River Meets the Sea

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
Well some of you need to keep it clean out there (you know who you are). I picked up some Rainier Beer cans off the river at the same time I seen a certain rig leave the bucket. So lets not let it look like the Sky or the Cowlitz out there. Nothing winds me up more than cleaning up after people.
Amen Stew, we got some assholes on the Clearwater who don't seem to know what a trash can is either -

Salmo_g

And I'll bet that true to form, the further east or west of Interstate 5 you are, the cheaper are the brand labels of the roadside beer can trash. Sociology can be an interesting subject too.

Sg

First time I was there, I stood on a basalt cliff looking into the last great hole before the Hoh meets the surf. Who should show up down below, but sea lion with a steelhead in it's mouth. The only steeley we saw on the entire trip.

On the subject of trash: We all know there are some places so badly littered that you couldn't clean them up by yourself. But we can easily make a dent, or police up mildly littered places. The requisite tool is a grocery store plastic bag. I keep one side pocket of my gear duffle filled with them. Just stuff a plastic bag or two in a pocket or down your waders. It's no burden, and easy to whip out and collect a few cans, wet paper, etc.

Steve Call

On the subject of trash: We all know there are some places so badly littered that you couldn't clean them up by yourself. But we can easily make a dent, or police up mildly littered places. The requisite tool is a grocery store plastic bag. I keep one side pocket of my gear duffle filled with them. Just stuff a plastic bag or two in a pocket or down your waders. It's no burden, and easy to whip out and collect a few cans, wet paper, etc.
Agree. I do the same.