Who FEEESHIN tomorrow

NFR 
2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Poopy McButtfart 
G
#1 ·
ill be floating the sky where is everyone else gonna be

G
#3 ·
I live down the road from the Sky, and I keep having the thought of how fun it'd be to get out this weekend and float it for the first time this summer. Then I remind myself of all the sleds and the parade of drift boats that will be out there this weekend... and weeding the flower beds at home sounds more appealing.
I fear this too, but phug it high bridge to sultan or reiter to sultan here I come

#10 ·
I see guys occasionally float the stretch from Reiter (putting in well upstream) down to High Bridge, or all the way to Sultan. I certainly wouldn't do it. I definitely wouldn't do it tomorrow. Especially since almost every run between Reiter and High Bridge is going to have anglers since Reiter isn't actually open yet. You'd be low-holing left and right unless you got out. I can think of one or two runs that might be open in that stretch. But you're going to have to beat me to 'em. :D

#12 ·
I went today. Did more hiking than fishing, River was to high to be productive. Spent 90 minutes maybe out of an 3 hour journey.
Didn't see or hear of anyone having any success on the stretch I attended. Lots of jets and bait fisherman...thus the hiking. Be several weeks before I attend the river again. Should have hit the salt beach instead. :rolleyes:

#21 ·
I did a no fly rods trip in the drift boat today and hooked a king on a plug. I'd say fishermen outnumber the available fish by a large margin... Sooo, business as usual on the Sky, complete with substantial sled traffic.
Evan I'm curious if you don't mind me asking, what time did you plug your king?

#16 ·
It wasn't the sky, was down at my property this weekend. I could NOT believe how many boats were in the Nooch fishing steelhead. I've never seen that many boats first of June fishing it for steel. I mean NEVER! Usually you see more steel and anglers fishing it into late July/early August. But June 1???? Heard reports were on the radio about it. Funny, very few fish caught saturday, so virtually no boats today.

#20 ·
You mean "spooked 2"? I'm thinking of heading to that same spot sometime this week after work. With this warm weather I was expecting some higher flows, that crossing should be more manageable this time? We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.