Who, What, Where and Why?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Ed Call, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Uber Trill Moderator Staff Member

Kent Lufkin, Lugan, Thomas M. and Mike M...rules, no graphite, no disc drags. Trout should fear this group.

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

How about going to a spey clave with Albert Einstien, I'd like to see the math that explains a double spey cast!

3. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

I'd fish with Kerry since he's not picky.

4. Loren Jensen

Loren Jensen Active Member

i've fished with chef and camoclad (nick, who is also one of my main buddies) and fished near guitarfisher, fishingcheftim, and rick dodd i think his name is. all cool guys. since i am so fresh, i would want to fish with each guy on here who is very very faimiliar with the area they are fishing, and sense of humor is huge. i can't fish with boring people. might as well fish by myself. hopefully fishing with rick todd this summer over in winthrop, looking forward to that!

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I started out with the boss Chris and went from there. I liked to fish with Dave(wetline) because he could show me where all the bears lived at in the tree farm.. Flybill because he always wanted to pick my brain as to where the fishing holes were., I fished with Backyard, Bhudda, Roper, Ive of Ione. PWowens, and a few more jokers names that I have forgot. I met Matt Burke on the N/F Stilly while fishing with Mtlhead(Bryan) and I gave him a fly. I also tried to fish with World Angler but my head hurt from drinking to much beer and booze. I fished with Davy. It was fun. Just don't let him drink Gin.

Then there was Ron T from All About The Fly. Bart and his drinking buddy. How can anybody forget the Catfish fry at Dry Falls.. I also met Mumbles but I didn't fish with him. But I did get out with Mike D and his fuzzy hat. That was on the Wallace one time. You can also add SAK to the list. Aaron tried to teach me how to Spey cast, but it didn't take.

I made it to Three Dry falls outings. A trip to the Cowlips and one to Yakima in the fall and two Hoh downs. I met and fished many from this site. There's Jim Brodie and his buddy,damn if I can remember his name.. Went to a lake clean up with Micro Brew and Trout Master and Zen XXXXXXXX Also the Guy that runs the Washington Lakes web site.

I made it out with Rick Matney on the Missouri and the lower Ruby. There was a guy that had a web site in Montana. Wet Wade is his handle. I still have the hat and the decal on my truck.

I could add more if I could remember their names. But with me getting on in years I tend to forget Oh, I almost forgot JabSeattle.

I've gotten flies from Doc Bob, Mike Wilson, I tied a 100 flies(bloodworms) for Aaron. Never again.

6. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

One trip would be with Ribka and Evan. The fishing would be secondary on this trip. The main attraction would be the car ride with me driving and moderating a political discussion between the other two.

Second trip would be with Lufkin, Mumbles, Salmo_G and probably a few other professorial types I've forgotten at the moment to fish for trout, as Mumbles already partially suggested. I think we'd get along well, but the main thing would be Mumbles and me soaking in the knowledge from the other guys, 'cause...damn. Those guys know their salmonids. I've learned a lot from them on WFF, so a trip would be great someday. in fact, we should do a quick-and-dirty cane and glass 'clave this summer on one of the forks of the Snoquamie. Seriously. <edit: I'll bing beer and food>

7. PT

PT Physhicist

Salmo G.------------Whatever, wherever, and because!

8. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Anyone fisher then me. But if I can chose ANYONE. It would have to be Hemingway. The stories would be great.

9. Ed Call

Itchy Dog and Big Tuna. Itchy Dog gets to row 80% of the day. Enormous Albacore and I cover 10% each. That would keep Itchy from hooking up with all the Parr.

Who lives close to Nate? Jim Ficklin? That could be a fun trip.

Lugan, the non-graphite clave would be awesome. My summer schedule looks pretty loaded but a chance to rub elbows with those classic rod cats would be awesome.

10. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    Me, by myself, for steelhead.

Go Sox,
    cds

11. generic

generic Active Member

It's a toss up between Mumbles and Mingo. Where, I don't care. Why, because they seem to be the most popular. They must be good!

12. Tarkin

Tarkin Member

Reading this post makes me realize that even as long as I've read these forums, and occasionally post (just passed 100 recently) I know everyone else here much better than anyone knows me... I'd love to fish with just about anyone from the forums as I've gained quite a bit of insight and knowledge I couldn't have found elsewhere. I did hook up with LX-88 once and had a great time on the Cedar, hope to do that again. Would be happy to head out anywhere in Northern Idaho with Pan as he seems to have the experience in that neck of the woods. Mumbles I guess goes without saying. Love reading his posts, and I'm sure I'd enjoy a day on the water with him as well. And judging from his own words, he may be the only guy here that casts worse than I do...

13. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Leland anytime, any place for anything because I figure he knows most of all about most or all.

Anyone over 60 because I figure I can keep up with them.

Anyone who shoots a 20 gauge double gun for doves and likes to fish small waters hidden and overlooked because its harder.

14. Ed Call

Holy crap, we need an intervention now. Toss up between me and Mingo. Give that choice anyone choosing me over Mingo needs their dang head examined, seriously, have you seen Mingo's aquarium? Party boat hard charging kick ass weather trips in the 50th state or south of the border. Hands down one of the fishiest and most fun loving party anglers on the interwebs.

15. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

When I was in college I had a room mate that couldn't get laid to save his ass. Girls kind of dug him but he just could never close the deal. I questioned him about it once and tried to be as delicate as possible-something along the lines of: "So Ted, what's it like to be such a f-----g loser? Just what are your expectations for a broad at this point?" His response was that he was looking for someone that was "....warm and alive!"

Finding a fishing buddy over here on the upper east side is about as tough as Ted's efforts to get into a girl's panties. With all the water within an hours drive you would think that after 10 years of effort I would have found someone local to fly fish with. Not even close, so far nothing but worm dunkers and power baiters. I meet guys on the water occasionally but most are from the Spokane area and are about 100 miles from home. I am grateful for all of the guys that have come up to fish with me over the years but it would sure be nice if there was someone that lived 10 minutes away. Sometimes I encounter fishing so good that I would just love to share it with someone but I just have to suck it up and catch all those fish by myself.

By now my qualifications for a fishing buddy are: "......warm and alive"

Ive