Who, What, Where and Why?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Ed Call, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Tyler Speir

Tyler Speir Artist

Home Page:
    Bitterroot - So I can talk his ear off about bomboo rod building.
    Yellow Lab - Allways seems to post fun trips that make me jealous.
    Mike Ediger - Fellow for builder.
    Mumbles - He will owe me a trip after I fix is rod.
    Evan Burck - Makes killer beer and that makes him a great person to get to know.
    Itchy Dog - Hes from my home town, and I want a copy of his books for my new baby.

2. Jim Riggins

Jim Riggins Member

Waller,Schaadt, Jimmy Green, Ed Ward, Tim Rajeff, Brian O'Keefe,Jason Small and his boys, Steve Saville, Bob Jones, Jesse Fowl, Thad, Ed,Leland, Evan, Mark Speers, and the rest of the bunch. I've not met an ass hole in the bunch

3. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    Nobody likes a suck-up, Tyler. Except me. Next time you're in Dooovall let me know. We can head out to Langendorfer and catch us some of them red-sided shiners.

4. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

Who-My Son

Where-Bones with Coach Duff

Why-Because I would know he was home safe from Afghanistan...

Man do I miss that kid.

5. Tyler Speir

Tyler Speir Artist

Home Page:
    I love that lake

6. Josh

Josh dead in the water

These days, I'd fish with just about anyone f it meant I actually got to get out and fish. Damn kids.

Perhaps '11 will be better for me in that regard.

7. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Josh-I well remember those first several years with new kids-a very drastic change in lifestyle! Now, with grandkids, it is a lot more fun! One of my almost 5 year olds runs to my tying bench first thing when he gets to our house, wanting to tie flies! How cool is that! I've been reading him Kirk Werner's books and he loves them. Last night he brought out the book and pointed to a purple fly and asked if we could tie that one. I'm having a ball with those kids! Hang in there and you will have a fishing buddy or two of your own! Rick

8. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

You say that now because your kids are young and lost water time is acute. Mine are nearing college now and while I've been yearning to re-enter fishing school, I realize this is my last chance to really enjoy being with them on a daily basis. Kids are way over fishing. I've failed at being a fish bum, golf bum and decent father, all at the same time.

There's light in the tunnel though and soon enough I'll be desperate to fish with any of you.

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Josh, it will happen in time. For me it was not so bad because I live so close to so many beaches. I could to an early morning beach assault and be home for breakfast. Same thing in the evening.

Yuhina, fiberglass switch rods (once I get the handle on mine fixed...thanks in advance Tyler!)...but Mark, please, NOT in New England. I fear fishing wtih you in New England would be fun, but more realistically it would likely mean that I have relocated from the PNW to NE.

10. Schemy

Schemy Member

Anyone who would be willing to show this Colorado guy how to swing a fly for steelhead. Just have to make it west some day.

11. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I've had the great pleasure of meeting and fishing with a bunch of you! Mumbles, Jim, Dave, Lonnie, Gary, Jeff, Derek, Jesse, Jason and Jerry, just to mention a few. You're all a pretty cool bunch, and it's my honor to be able to call you all friends. But I'd still like to be able to learn about the Methow from Freestone!!

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Oh hell. I left off Leaky Tiki. He was fun to fish with. I wonder if he still has that Alpine 'toon he bought from me. it was a sweet little Pontoon boat. Just for lakes.

13. guybg

guybg New Member

I'll just throw this out there....I know a place in the Blue Mountains of NE Oregon...you have to pack in..about a four mile hike down to the river...then a twenty mile stroll down the river...can be done in a day or two if you arent fishing...3 days is a good jaunt if you are. There are some rattlesnakes, but if you leave em' alone they'll do the same for you.

Fabulous Trout, and Dolly Varden fishing. Best undertaken in July. You will not see any rafts or boats go by, you may not even see another person if we're lucky.

Anyone game?

I will take the first two who bite with me to my secret spot. Sworn to secrecy...and we'll all know if we want to fish together again after the trip, I gaurantee it!..lol

14. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Guy, JesseCFowl is your man. He's so itching for a trip like you've described. I'm too pathetically unfit to throw my hat into that ring.

15. guybg

guybg New Member

OK,

I'll hold a spot for him if you'll let him know...

(he'll have to be willing to listen to some of my lame Army stories tho...lol)